➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Porter’s Rare Heritage Turkeys sells poults (not eggs) that are hoped to be the color advertised, but not guaranteed. Here’s a link https://www.porterturkeys.com/tblu (If you’re curious about the other varieties, there’s a link at the top for 2019 poults.) I chose this link to share because it’s for one of their color varieties that throws many possible colors of poults. They do a much better job of explaining what the buyer should expect than MyShire does, I think.

Having looked at the MyShire website, I’d have expected all the babies hatched to be the advertised color, but I think it’s a failure to communicate well rather than an intent to deceive. I wondered what their “and more” meant; now I understand. I’m guessing Zach knows so much about quails at this point that he’s forgotten that not everyone knows not to expect a 100% true-to-variety hatch when he says “and more”.
I think you are right on point Cindy.

F4D6CDB9-3664-45EC-9010-14A707439228.jpeg
71F7D7E3-2A26-4632-924A-4B56A3B3C12F.jpeg
BA12C2E6-7BBA-4FFA-AE2E-CB0B02E062F2.jpeg
It is amazing what a difference 48 hours makes. Look at these little pearl babies!

View attachment 1740794 View attachment 1740795 View attachment 1740796 It is amazing what a difference 48 hours makes. Look at these little pearl babies!

Lovely! I see pearls, snowies, falb fees (the extra dark ones in the middle of the bottom pic), and maybe some white but honestly those just look like lightly marked pearls.

It's what I would expect! If I didn't already know that though that would be a little shocking.

I love second to the left in the top picture. If he disappears it wasn't me.

Meh, I just call em purty. Seriously tho, I’ll never figure out what they call all the different patterns and colors. Im just glad they aren’t the standard browns. So many of them looked brown as chicks.

Yes, those falb fee are extremely sneaky. They look like pharoahs until you put them next to an actual one. They have the exact same pattern with all the red tones sucked out.

They are perdy! :love

View attachment 1740794 View attachment 1740795 View attachment 1740796 It is amazing what a difference 48 hours makes. Look at these little pearl babies!
Oh look at those cute babies!!! And I’m so shocked at the difference 1 week can make!!!

Yes, those falb fee are extremely sneaky. They look like pharoahs until you put them next to an actual one. They have the exact same pattern with all the red tones sucked out.

They are perdy! :love
You know I took some of the tuxedos outside today to give them to a friend that wanted them and they all had red tones when in the sun! I couldn’t see it in the basement but I could outside. I thought it was cool.

i moved the babies to shed hutch this morning too! We finished the deck rails tonight and picked up supplies to start on aviary frame tomorrow evening. HAL eggs due for lockdown tomorrow night as well. The Mother’s day eggs due to arrive on Thursday (30 SSC and 30 Mix)....It’s about time for me to figure out how many boys there are and which ones get to stay! I only know 3 for sure that I’ve caught crowing and chasing. My little “Pi” managed another escape (not exactly sure when or how) but we found him waiting patiently at the fence this morning when we went out to feed. 547B8ECE-6012-4A41-B1F8-9CCA41B0747A.jpeg we couldn’t find any holes underneath that he could’ve squeezed through so only guess is that he slipped out the gate as we were grabbing cockerels yesterday and hid under the deck until this morning!

Back
Top Bottom