➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

There is nothing to scrape off it just dries right up. Takes about a month in a cool dry area inside a box. It’s not really traditional “taxidermy” it’s more just preserving a wing. *shrug*
Cornmeal will do nothing as far as preserving the wing. If you don't have a dry preservative on hand, you can get Borax at the store... it was used for years before modern dry preservatives became available for the profession.

Cornmeal will do nothing as far as preserving the wing. If you don't have a dry preservative on hand, you can get Borax at the store... it was used for years before modern dry preservatives became available for the profession.

Then how are mine preserved? They are not falling apart and are 100% dried out? The instructions are online, so I guess they are wrong? Dunno but it seemed to work for us.

Hey, preserved dead things are cool. I don't have any bird wings, but I wanted to save a few of the quail ones the last time I processed. Maybe I will next time.

I was going to save the weasel pelt that I got this spring, but I've no idea how to preserve it.
Did you skin it already or did you freeze the whole body?

Make a shadow box, i think itll b a nice way to remember the pretty ones and some pretty eggs in the center too the silver body piece could make the nest in the centerfor the eggs(idk?) Ill have to toy w it. Ill b sure to share. Its really simple. Thought yall might enjoy.
I love dead, preserved things. One of our 4h members made a wreath out of chicken feathers she collected from her yard, I loved it. I thought it deserved at least an honorable, but I wasn't a judge in that category.

Back
Top Bottom