➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

@Nabiki that's reassuring! Put him out in the pigeon loft for the first time this morning, it's 4x4 and solid walls all around with ~3" of ventilation along the top 3/4 sides. He's got a ceramic heat lamp in one corner keeping it up to 93°F along with his cat toys and towel to snuggle with. He's yet to panic or show any such signs so I think we're off to a good start!

@Nabiki that's reassuring! Put him out in the pigeon loft for the first time this morning, it's 4x4 and solid walls all around with ~3" of ventilation along the top 3/4 sides. He's got a ceramic heat lamp in one corner keeping it up to 93°F along with his cat toys and towel to snuggle with. He's yet to panic or show any such signs so I think we're off to a good start!
Mine love being outside! I had 1 by itself for a few weeks and it loved being by itself. Now it has roommates and it wasn’t happy at first, but it’s good now.

Sad news today guys, Mâché has just died 😔

BD2A2AE8-2717-47AD-A63A-DB831BDB0C1A.jpeg

Have you moved again?

I sure have! I moved out here in January for a new job. I am working on rebuilding my chicken flock and have added quail and runner ducks, and will have turkeys again soon :) I have come to terms with my love for birds and my future as a "crazy bird lady". I added finches in the house, as well.

well we made it home and i checked on everyone and of course everyone was out of food!!! so we refilled duck pond and all the waterers and i made my feed run and refilled all the feeders while running around trying to find food for us!! every restaurant shut down even earlier tonight due to the louisville curfew!!! when I cleaned out the incubator, 2 of the chicks were still alive but shrink wrapped. I hatched them but i’m fairly sure I will have to cull them both if they survive. i lost 1 runt quail chick and the runt turkey poult in addition to the other losses. i might have lost them anyway but being out of town never helps the situation!! but on a good note,b no one escaped!!! (even though DS misplaced the lock on the main gate latch) :thneedless to say i’m on amazon ordering my 50# range feeder and a 7 gallon waterer so there will be a little less worry next time!!

Last edited:
well we made it home and i checked on everyone and of course everyone was out of food!!! so we refilled duck pond and all the waterers and i made my feed run and refilled all the feeders while running around trying to find food for us!! every restaurant shut down even earlier tonight due to the louisville curfew!!! when I cleaned out the incubator, 2 of the chicks were still alive but shrink wrapped. I hatched them but i’m fairly sure I will have to cull them both if they survive. i lost 1 runt quail chick and the runt turkey poult in addition to the other losses. i might have lost them anyway but being out of town never helps the situation!! but on a good note,b no one escaped!!! (even though DS misplaced the lock on the main gate latch) :thneedless to say i’m on amazon ordering my 50# range feeder and a 7 gallon waterer so there will be a little less worry next time!!
Welcome home!

View attachment 2166994
15 hatched so far (14 in this pic, 1 in incubator) and the 16th is unzipping as I type! And no, this is not their brooder.

Final score:
30 eggs set on Monday, May 11
22 eggs locked down Monday, May 25
16 chicks hatched

6 clears, 2 early quitters, 1 pipped on wrong end and 5 died in shell/unknown

Back
Top Bottom