➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I got a pheasant chick out to play again last night......little booger flew out of mr muddy hands and proceeded to run into and through the dog crate under zookie’s nose and behind the couch before I was able to retrieve him!!!! :thI won’t be doing that again!!! :lau
Haha, I had one of our first batch of chicks out to play with my kids last year. We were sitting on the couch, and our big bulldog mix was about 2 feet away on the floor. Suddenly the chick flapped out of our hands just as the dog simultaneously yawned, and guess where it landed? Right in his mouth! Our big sweet boy was shocked, and spit it out immediately. The chick was slimy but unharmed.

My tuxedo and snowie project mixed hatch that I kicked out of the brinsea seem none the worse for their move to the nr360, it’s mid day #17 and we’ve got lots of pips. Guess I better set up another brooder haha.

I think I'm gonna get some Celadon hatching eggs. I'd like to get some new blood in my flock since basically they are all based on one hen. Granted, one hen mated to different males, so it's not like all the birds are full siblings, but still, I want to avoid trouble down the line.

Haha, I had one of our first batch of chicks out to play with my kids last year. We were sitting on the couch, and our big bulldog mix was about 2 feet away on the floor. Suddenly the chick flapped out of our hands just as the dog simultaneously yawned, and guess where it landed? Right in his mouth! Our big sweet boy was shocked, and spit it out immediately. The chick was slimy but unharmed.
Those are the moments we wish we had on camera!!!! 😂 but mine are trained hunting dogs so yeah it was pretty scary!!!

Those are the moments we wish we had on camera!!!! 😂 but mine are trained hunting dogs so yeah it was pretty scary!!!
Haha. My big boy falls under the umbrella term pitbull, but if my little female frenchie had been in his place at that moment, the chick woulda been toast, she probably would have swallowed it alive and kicking to keep me from getting it back.

My March hatch is starting to lay. Today I found a blue water balloon, so tomorrow hopefully there is a shell on it. I've had eggs before that have a blue membrane but the shell is normal colored - is that incomplete celadon or something else?

I evicted all coturnix from shed brooder today.....left the button, cleaned and moved pheasant chicks in!!!

Attachments

• 5E2F8613-8443-48B7-BC27-92B0C18A4343.jpeg
    5E2F8613-8443-48B7-BC27-92B0C18A4343.jpeg
    750 KB · Views: 7
  • DCD2BE29-D876-47A0-A8FB-85AB4EC7F136.jpeg
    DCD2BE29-D876-47A0-A8FB-85AB4EC7F136.jpeg
    690.7 KB · Views: 7
Well, today is day 14 and I have taken my turner out of the bator. I added some shelf liner and raised the humidity to 65%. I am now just waiting for my first hatch. I can't seem to stop myself from checking on them even though I don't expect them to hatch today. I find myself worried that none will hatch. I did try to candle them but unless the egg is empty I can't tell what I am looking at. So I am just doing my best and hoping for some luck. :fl

Back
Top Bottom