➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

The idea of that completely freaks me out. lol - I now have 3 that have pipped and all on the wrong end. Anyone have any idea why they pip the wrong end and what I might do in the future to avoid it.
What turner were you using?

View attachment 2661030
Crowding the far side because the crazy chick-crushing lady is hovering with the phone.
Becareful with stuff up against the sides of the container. It is a good place for a dummy to get stuck.

I like to make sure there is walking room around the feed and waterers.

Attachments

• IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    389.6 KB · Views: 4
Also, given their size versus that bin, how soon should I move them up to the big bin? I can’t believe how freakin tiny they are and yet I can see pin feathers on them already!
I would move them at 3 days. That's old enough to be able to find the warm spot. The first two days they sometimes wander away from the warm side and get lost.

Well, I finally helped the wrong end chicks. I suspect it may have been a bit early. I just helped crack the shell for the zip. They are still alive and seem to be trying hard. One bled a little and scared me half to death so I decided to let them be for a while. This is not the exciting hatch I hoped for. I feel like I let them down with my ignorance so far. But I still have hope some may live. Today is day 18 and none of the others have pipped yet.
Meanwhile, the 5-week old birds are thriving in the outdoor pen.

Well, I finally helped the wrong end chicks. I suspect it may have been a bit early. I just helped crack the shell for the zip. They are still alive and seem to be trying hard. One bled a little and scared me half to death so I decided to let them be for a while. This is not the exciting hatch I hoped for. I feel like I let them down with my ignorance so far. But I still have hope some may live. Today is day 18 and none of the others have pipped yet.
Meanwhile, the 5-week old birds are thriving in the outdoor pen.
My guy bled a tiny bit, but it stopped as soon as I sopped it up with a paper towel. If the veins are contracted then it may just be a little leftover blood. It’s your discretion though, it was totally scary to do as it was my first time helping too.

Back
Top Bottom