➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I’ve been worrying over the double silver, but curl toes who was scuttling like a tie fighter is now smaller than double silver. He seems active, he holds his wings a bit funny because of the way he used them to prop himself up before his toes were straight, so I can’t tell if they’re droopier than usual. His feet and legs are fine, he walks and runs upright, he eats and poops. I kept him because it seems whenever I sell a small one with a group, it dies, but if I keep it here and offer no special care, they always live.

I’ve been worrying over the double silver, but curl toes who was scuttling like a tie fighter is now smaller than double silver. He seems active, he holds his wings a bit funny because of the way he used them to prop himself up before his toes were straight, so I can’t tell if they’re droopier than usual. His feet and legs are fine, he walks and runs upright, he eats and poops. I kept him because it seems whenever I sell a small one with a group, it dies, but if I keep it here and offer no special care, they always live.
I sat and watched them for a bit, it seems the little ones are always together. I think I’ll call them salt and pepper. When Salt calls (it calls all the time because it’s blind) pepper comes running. They spend more time snuggling than the bigger chicks.

here they are asleep in front of the water, a big silver one photobombed:
10AD4D9A-BD8A-4AD4-A817-5FCE50388118.jpeg

An update! All 13 are still doing well. They’re wrecking the bigger brooder; I’m wondering if I need an even bigger one, haha.

0C44E4EC-ADFE-4F6D-AE56-F5E102BB3DD2.jpeg

5E8EDACD-24B7-4D6C-BB34-F6F8B526B459.jpeg

This amount of poop is just six hours after I changed the bedding - I’ve been turning it over in the afternoon and then dumping and replacing in the morning. The little guy in this photo is Wrong End!

Also not sure on what color these yellow ones are! Here’s a shot of one of them.
46058CF6-53C5-403C-8A86-4678FACA38C1.jpeg

An update! All 13 are still doing well. They’re wrecking the bigger brooder; I’m wondering if I need an even bigger one, haha.

View attachment 2669840
View attachment 2669841
This amount of poop is just six hours after I changed the bedding - I’ve been turning it over in the afternoon and then dumping and replacing in the morning. The little guy in this photo is Wrong End!

Also not sure on what color these yellow ones are! Here’s a shot of one of them.
View attachment 2669843
Looks like silver + roux.

I sat and watched them for a bit, it seems the little ones are always together. I think I’ll call them salt and pepper. When Salt calls (it calls all the time because it’s blind) pepper comes running. They spend more time snuggling than the bigger chicks.

here they are asleep in front of the water, a big silver one photobombed:
View attachment 2669121
I love how that one is passed out in the dish 😍😁

Back
Top Bottom