➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Bad idea to start the incubator then go on vacation for a week? Since we are talking of exploding eggs 😬
No. I've done that. Candle when you return. As long as power isn't interrupted or other catastrophic event happens. And if it does, there is nothing that will help.

The eggs will explode closer to hatching time assuming they are good when you put them in. If they are shipped eggs, candling for cracks is always a good idea.

No one likes a bad egg.

Exploding eggs = yikes!!!! No bueno!

How do you handle it WHEN it happens? Would my go-to of hot bleach water and a scrubber pad suffice for cleaning rotten egg residue? I feel fortunate to have upgraded from a styrofoam model, in this case.

Exploding eggs = yikes!!!! No bueno!

How do you handle it WHEN it happens? Would my go-to of hot bleach water and a scrubber pad suffice for cleaning rotten egg residue? I feel fortunate to have upgraded from a styrofoam model, in this case.
It’s not so bad, in the case of mine, they popped at the bottom and leaked out. I did a quick Clorox wipe and change of shelf liner, by removing one tray at a time for a quick wipe, and what not. Then after they hatched I just washed it with anti bacterial dish soap and it was fine.

Agree. A good wipe and proceed. The smell is a dead give away. If something smells bad, look for a leaker. Handle with care, they are delicate.

That is the way I found mine. Just starting to drip, but could tell something was off from the smell. Inspect all and pulled the bad and checked the rest. Yes, I'd candled and missed this one.

I just put the button and shed babies out in the aviary when we got home. (Trying to make feeding and watering as idiot-proof as possible while we’re gone)
As I was completing my daily Easter egg hunt, I bumped the stupid fly trap again so I had to jump in the pool 😂

I just put the button and shed babies out in the aviary when we got home. (Trying to make feeding and watering as idiot-proof as possible while we’re gone)
As I was completing my daily Easter egg hunt, I bumped the stupid fly trap again so I had to jump in the pool 😂
I felt really sick tonight (shouldn’t have had BK for lunch :sick) so I missed the egg collection under the broody crew.......they should have 5-6 eggs under them if same as usual.
I’m doubting DS will crawl to collect those eggs like I do everyday so I’ll probably candle some when I get home to see how dedicated they really are!!!!! 😂

BK for lunch?!? You must have been desperate. At least you didn't stoop to McDooDoos.

the sushi place couldn't have been that busy. The local supermarkets have sushi selections here. I'd grab a vat of humus, a jug of hot salsa and some jalapeno flavored potato chips myself.

Back
Top Bottom