āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I have this one. Scald at 160 degrees for 15 seconds, then 30 seconds in the plucker gives you fully plucked birds.

https://coopsnmore.com/products/rite-farm-products-small-pro-plucker-quail-plucker

Edit: You can pluck 4 or 5 birds at once in 30 seconds.
How do you prep them? Cut off the head and legs, then do you spatchcock and remove the guts? Then scald, then put in the plucker?

we remove head, legs, and wings, then remove the skin, spatchcock, remove guts and done.

How do you prep them? Cut off the head and legs, then do you spatchcock and remove the guts? Then scald, then put in the plucker?

we remove head, legs, and wings, then remove the skin, spatchcock, remove guts and done.
I behead, hold them by the feet to scald, put them in the plucker, then remove feet, spatchcock and remove guts. I remove the ribs too while I'm in there.

Lockdown time for my first big batch o' Coturnix! Of the 119, only two were noticeably "nope". (One leaker, one blown egg with an actual hole that I probably should have caught when I set them.)

It's hard not to squee. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_125901578.jpg
    IMG_20210604_125901578.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 5
Lockdown time for my first big batch o' Coturnix! Of the 119, only two were noticeably "nope". (One leaker, one blown egg with an actual hole that I probably should have caught when I set them.)

It's hard not to squee. :D
I just wanted to let you know that you donā€™t need their cardboard mats, I traced the free mat onto shelf liner and cut it out and thatā€™s what I use. I wash and reuse the same one. Iā€™ve also never used that weird paper sponge. I have pretty high humidity where I live, so it rarely even adds a drop, but you can roll up some shelf liner and stuff it in there, or put chunks of cut up dish sponges in there instead of buying their overpriced accessories.

Back
Top Bottom