➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

One of the jumbos did end up hatching late!

But I’m doubting its identity.... does this coloration look like a jumbo to you guys?

it’s more gray than brown...

84CB8A54-5DAD-4012-B23D-07982937DD90.jpeg

I put mrs kinkneck in with the babies for a bit. She did a good job of teaching them to eat! she was also very confused why they kept trying to bury under her and burrow into her neck feathers.

16417807-4445-47EE-A375-A5B1B6BB1382.jpeg
68C787BD-6471-426C-86C8-27A63E8EDA7E.jpeg

Mine are in an aviary…..real feel temps near zero and hideaways frozen to the ground….
Some of them use the hideaways and others choose not to. I always expect some loss when temps fall near zero and below
Mine are outside also. Currently it’s in the single digits at night (-16C/3F). But they are fairly young, 6 weeks and 16weeks. I’ve been surprised by how hardy they are

Mine are outside also. Currently it’s in the single digits at night (-16C/3F). But they are fairly young, 6 weeks and 16weeks. I’ve been surprised by how hardy they are
Yes they are…..I currently have around 40-50 that range in age from 6 months to 3ish years. I missed a couple that probably should’ve been removed due to feet and leg issues
My poor little button is still hanging in there at 2 years old approximately????

Mine have been outside since day 18. They got one night in the 50s to adjust, then down to the mid 40s - no problem. I thought I might be pushing my luck but they weren't huddling together at all.

Mine have been outside since day 18. They got one night in the 50s to adjust, then down to the mid 40s - no problem. I thought I might be pushing my luck but they weren't huddling together at all.
I'm so envious of Californian weather, lol
Looks like this chick is thinking, "Is this how we're supposed to hold our heads?"
Haha, that’s one thing I hope they don't learn.

today I learned that crooked necks don't impair flying ability. I took her outside and she flapped her way wcross about 50ft before landing. gave me a mini heart attack, lol.

Hello again!
I'm just bopping in and out here every so often.
The 5 jumbos that hatched are about to be 6 weeks old. Problem is, I have 4 males and 1 hen.
So... I think once the boys start harassing her I'll just have to process her early. Otherwise she'll just be separated on her own with no friends :(((

I also have 15 mixed colors that are almost 2 weeks old so out of those I'm sure I'll get at least 1 breeding group xD PXL_20220118_131713477.jpg

PXL_20220118_213803646.jpg

Back
Top Bottom