āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I have heard so many opinions about lockdown! Can any one help clarify what day it starts on and what I should do.

Sorry I just want to make sure I have the right information!

Thanks,
Quail Kingdom:)

I have heard so many opinions about lockdown! Can any one help clarify what day it starts on and what I should do.

Thanks,
For coturnix, it starts on day 14,15 or 16 and basically removing the turner and increasing humidity. Hopefully you have salt-tested hygrometer and want to raise humidity 10-15%
You can still candle and remove hatched chicks but want to minimize the opening of incubator to avoid shrink wrapping.

Thanks,
Day 14 or 15 seems to be standard. I do 14 because it seems like our always pipping by day 15.

Once they start pipping I reccomend taking notes on what time they pip (not sure if you numbered your eggs). It helps me to know when they've been pipped and not making progress too long (32+ hours), that way if intervention is necessary you know how long its been.

Day 14 or 15 seems to be standard. I do 14 because it seems like our always pipping by day 15.

Once they start pipping I reccomend taking notes on what time they pip (not sure if you numbered your eggs). It helps me to know when they've been pipped and not making progress too long (32+ hours), that way if intervention is necessary you know how long its been.
and number the small end in 2 or 3 spots. The large end pips and destroys the number.

Good advice. I once waited through day 15 and the birds started hatching in the egg turner. I think I lost a few unhatched ones due to trying to remove the turner after the first ones started emerging. Day 14 is good.

I sure have! I moved out here in January for a new job. I am working on rebuilding my chicken flock and have added quail and runner ducks, and will have turkeys again soon :) I have come to terms with my love for birds and my future as a "crazy bird lady". I added finches in the house, as well.
How are things going? @SunHwaKwon

Back
Top Bottom