➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

A happy sight this morning! This is our first chick hatched from our own flock. 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20220818_070429258.jpg
    IMG_20220818_070429258.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 6
After spending 4 days in the hospital, I came home to find these hatched out while I was gone. 2 others tried, but got shrink wrapped. These were out of a total of 8 eggs set. I don't know for sure but they are at least 2 days old, maybe 2 1/2 . Humidity was at 41% when I looked at it, before removing the chicks.
These are TR x Mexican Speckled crosses but they just look like regular TR's to me!
20220902_041102.jpg

20220902_041044.jpg

Last edited:
After spending 4 days in the hospital, I came home to find these hatched out while I was gone. 2 others tried, but got shrink wrapped. These were out of a total of 8 eggs set. I don't know for sure but they are at least 2 days old, maybe 2 1/2 . Humidity was at 41% when I looked at it, before removing the chicks.
These are TR x Mexican Speckled crosses but they just look like regular TR's to me!
Hope you are all better.
I dread getting hurt and someone not taking care of the animals. Even when in bed with fever, I stagger out to feed and water.
Cheers

View attachment 3244555
View attachment 3244557
I'm glad you're home. May you be healthy and not worry about another hospital visit for a long, long, time.

I'm glad you're home. May you be healthy and not worry about another hospital visit for a long, long, time.
I wish Bee but I had a heart attack. Had a stent put in. Never ever would I have thought this would happen, no history in the family, I'm not over weight, I'm not diabetic. And get plenty of exercise. And eat reasonably healthy food.

ETA- both shrink wrapped chicks are up and running around now....don't know why, I thought they were gonners for sure. I unwrapped them, put them in the hatcher, eventhough, they had been wrapped long enough to dry completely, I dabbed warm water on the membrane while removing them.

Last edited:
I wish Bee but I had a heart attack. Had a stent put in. Never ever would I have thought this would happen, no history in the family, I'm not over weight, I'm not diabetic. And get plenty of exercise. And eat reasonably healthy food.

ETA- both shrink wrapped chicks are up and running around now....don't know why, I thought they were gonners for sure. I unwrapped them, put them in the hatcher, eventhough, they had been wrapped long enough to dry completely, I dabbed warm water on the membrane while removing them.
Sounds like you take care of yourself, but please continue to do so. Who else am I going to ask about the care and feeding of grey peacock pheasants when I get a pair next year?

Back
Top Bottom