āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Had to share:

These are 2-week old chicks. The person who bought hatching eggs from me forwarded the picture and asked if they're overfeeding them.

I told them that chicks should have all the gamebird feed they want until they mature at about 8-weeks old, but. . .

These are really chonky. My son said they look like those animated round Angry Birds.
1657413357177.png

Had to share:

These are 2-week old chicks. The person who bought hatching eggs from me forwarded the picture and asked if they're overfeeding them.

I told them that chicks should have all the gamebird feed they want until they mature at about 8-weeks old, but. . .

These are really chonky. My son said they look like those animated round Angry Birds.
View attachment 3180291
I sure hope they're just fluffed up. Do you know what they weigh?

I sure hope they're just fluffed up. Do you know what they weigh?
Don't know, but not only are they plump, they look way older than 2 weeks. They have plenty of space to move, so I'm telling myself this is fine.

FWIW, over time, I've been breeding bigger and bigger birds. My own weren't quite this round, but they were pretty big at 2 weeks. The adults weigh in over 14 ounces, which is amazing since my first flock 2 years ago wasn't exceptional in any way.

@Everose

I hesitated. I won't do that again.
Surprisingly quick and clean! I turned the volume off because the crunch would bug me, but maybe someday I can kill them myself toošŸ˜ƒ

Surprisingly quick and clean! I turned the volume off because the crunch would bug me, but maybe someday I can kill them myself toošŸ˜ƒ
I am a big fat scardy cat. If I can do it anyone can.

Back
Top Bottom