➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

i got the 28 ex and i love it so far, but i haven’t gotten around to hooking up the automatic humidity yet :oops:
Do you use that water evaporation block? I’m thinking of rolling a piece of shelf liner up and putting it in there, it will be easy to wash. I use wet shelf liner to add humidity when I take chicks out during hatch. Also did you get a hatching mat, or is it just that piece of cardboard on the bottom?

Do you use that water evaporation block? I’m thinking of rolling a piece of shelf liner up and putting it in there, it will be easy to wash. I use wet shelf liner to add humidity when I take chicks out during hatch. Also did you get a hatching mat, or is it just that piece of cardboard on the bottom?
I don’t have the hatching mat nor cardboard...I use shelf liner over the bottom and since I haven’t hooked up the auto humidity, I add water through the vent hole. My hygrometer on the incubator reads high so I keep my accessory in there to monitor rh

I had several issues with first hatch so honestly It’s going to be several more hatches before I’m convinced that it was truly worth the investment
Thanks! I’m working on setting it all up now. I have calibrated therm/hygr I’m gonna put in there. I’m collecting eggs for a couple days still but I want to get it going steady, wish me luck!

Oh also, do you use that paper block thing? Or just put water in the pan?
I just let the water drip down the side into the pan....I don’t remember seeing a paper block thingie....I put the tubing for the humidity aside until I figure out how to set it up

I am doing my first quail hatch in the 56ex.

I don’t like the quail tray dividers. :oops: I cracked three or maybe four eggs by that divider bulging on one side for a large egg and then it cracking another.

I no longer use the auto humidity because I run almost all my hatches dry until lockdown when I fill both wells. That personally gives me 30-35% humidity most times of the year and 50-55 at lockdown.

my first couple of times using the humidity feature it would fill constantly and get additional water on the sides because my incubator cannot reach what I was trying with a full well.

the sponge or something is important if you’re trying to hit a specific number. The increased surface area in the well will allow you to hit more of a range in humidity. What humidity has worked for you in the past in your incubator?

I am doing my first quail hatch in the 56ex.

I don’t like the quail tray dividers. :oops: I cracked three or maybe four eggs by that divider bulging on one side for a large egg and then it cracking another.

I no longer use the auto humidity because I run almost all my hatches dry until lockdown when I fill both wells. That personally gives me 30-35% humidity most times of the year and 50-55 at lockdown.

my first couple of times using the humidity feature it would fill constantly and get additional water on the sides because my incubator cannot reach what I was trying with a full well.

the sponge or something is important if you’re trying to hit a specific number. The increased surface area in the well will allow you to hit more of a range in humidity. What humidity has worked for you in the past in your incubator?
I try to stay below 42% before lockdown, and below 65 at lockdown. My area is extremely humid, my property backs a small swamp. I have it set up now, and the hatch mat I made might be a bit damp, and I washed all the stuff and wiped down the inside, so the humidity is high, like 48% with no water in it. I hooked up all the stuff, so over the next 2 days I’m going to watch the readings. The temp seems spot on so far.

Back
Top Bottom