āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Now if you can just get the chosen guy to do his job.
The 6 escapees, after the door is modified, will be added to Set3. The one with the 2 females (mothers to these) and the male that isn't getting enough done. He isn't the father to the new girls and the reason he is still around. 1 male to 8 girls is a little high, but I'm not ready to off the mothers.

Screenshot_20201201-082345_HatchKeeper.jpg

agree. If the girls are laying eggs, does that imply we have enough light? I was thinking yes.

If I need to increase the light, that is doable too.
If the hens are laying, the light should be sufficient but not everyone has the exact same requirements and male fertility can decrease with age. It is why middle age women at their sexual peak prefer young guys at their sexual peak.

Nutty...the mom is a Tibetan looking thing...the dad of these dark things is a pansy fee.

The last baby I kept like this looked Tibetan-y and it was a girl. We ate her though.

If the hens are laying, the light should be sufficient but not everyone has the exact same requirements and male fertility can decrease with age. It is why middle age women at their sexual peak prefer young guys at their sexual peak.
Excuse me?

Now you tell me! :lau

The 6 new layers (escapees) are home grown white wings. Pretty mottled coloration. Amazing how consistent the pattern is from one hen to the others. The mothers are the white and the caramel. It is time for new blood, but I'm not in a hurry. The mothers are a year old now. Also, past their peak. The male is from the last Set1 hatch, so he is closer to 6 months. Age isn't an excuse for him, but the older girls may have issues even if they are laying eggs.

This breeding business is as complicated as I make it. Fun to puzzle through.

Now you tell me! :lau

The 6 new layers (escapees) are home grown white wings. Pretty mottled coloration. Amazing how consistent the pattern is from one hen to the others. The mothers are the white and the caramel. It is time for new blood, but I'm not in a hurry. The mothers are a year old now. Also, past their peak. The male is from the last Set1 hatch, so he is closer to 6 months. Age isn't an excuse for him, but the older girls may have issues even if they are laying eggs.

This breeding business is as complicated as I make it. Fun to puzzle through.
These dummies I just hatched...the parents were hatched last January. My pansy fee hatch.
I do not have lights on them.

These dummies I just hatched...the parents were hatched last January. My pansy fee hatch.
I do not have lights on them.
I've also never moved them, they have all been in the same group and cage since very young.

Back
Top Bottom