āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

img_20200218_161524-jpg.2029793
Did this cause your heart to skip a beat?

I candled all of my mystery eggs. I dropped one. :hitAll 28 that are left are fertile and appear to be developing nicely.

I got through about 3/4 of the falb fee when my flashlight died. 2 of them might be clear, but it's kind of hard to tell because they're blue inside. One has a super thick shell that I can't see into at all. I'm guessing the rest are developing nicely too, based on what I've seen so far.

I candled all of my mystery eggs. I dropped one. :hitAll 28 that are left are fertile and appear to be developing nicely.

I got through about 3/4 of the falb fee when my flashlight died. 2 of them might be clear, but it's kind of hard to tell because they're blue inside. One has a super thick shell that I can't see into at all. I'm guessing the rest are developing nicely too, based on what I've seen so far.
Do we need to get you some sticky gloves?

Update on the 95 quail eggs.

One day, this past weekend, I realized that the water bowl was empty and I filled it. I checked the thermometer/hygrometer for the last 24 hours and it appears the humidity didn't go over 16% for 1 day. I promptly filled the bowl and humidity has been 45-50% since then. I'm pretty certain that it shouldn't affect them too much, seeing how it was only 1 day. The temperature is holding strong, never dipping below 99 and never going above 100 on any day.

I'm undecided on whether I want to candle them after 1 week. I know I'll candle them all when I move them to lockdown but, trying to candle 95 eggs more than once seems a little daunting. I'm sure I'll be removing some infertile eggs and will make day 15 a little easier, if I do. Though, I am curious of the consequence of the humidity dropping for a day. If I decide to candle on Wednesday, I'll post the results.

Back
Top Bottom