➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

2 of the poults were smart enough to cram themselves into the the wooden box!! 🤣 i turned on the heater for everyone in the sub aviary and i attempted to throw all the wet babies in the patio bench but only a couple of them didn’t run back out!!! i’ve got one white baby with a bloody head already so not too hopeful that it will survive genpop!

i’m also trying to clean and package eggs.....middle ds is on a “health kick” and has been eating almost a dozen quail eggs per day!! :eek: actually i guess you could say i’m multitasking because i’ve swept the floors and watched dinner while DH is in the shower. he had to run outside because we forgot we left the battery charger hooked to camper in the rain!!

Noticed this while out feeding my birds about an hour ago. Hanging out on one of my brooder pens. Then got on a limb. Missing it's front right appendage....only a stub! :lol:
20200525_183515.jpg

20200525_191308.jpg

Haha the nutters tag is so accurate - we are nutters for being hatchaholics!

The 40 ebay eggs I bought yielded 14 chicks out of which were 2 females =_=
As ebay listings seem to be backed up to mid/late June I found a local seller who will hopefully have celadon eggs ready in 5 days! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom