➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Well I thought this trip was going to be successful where the birds were concerned but I received the “panic” phone call this afternoon. DS didn’t unplug the heat lamp in the shed during the day and killed 3/4 of the marvel pheasant chicks and found one of my aviary quail with a broken neck......:hitI’m calling to check in on everything again tonight

Hi, everyone! I'm new to quail and I have 18 "select" button quail from Quail Life here in Florida coming in the incubator. I am planning to keep them in the bottom of my finch aviary. The eggs are very dark and small and I haven't come up with a way to candle them. They're due to hatch on the 13 and I'm very excited!
Have you moved again?

Well I thought this trip was going to be successful where the birds were concerned but I received the “panic” phone call this afternoon. DS didn’t unplug the heat lamp in the shed during the day and killed 3/4 of the marvel pheasant chicks and found one of my aviary quail with a broken neck......:hitI’m calling to check in on everything again tonight
Shizzle sticks.

How young can you sex Corturnix? Quilliam is around 2 weeks now and his chest feathers are looking pretty speckled Quilliam may be a Quincy. Tried to get a clear shot but this was during pre-bedtime play time, so staying still was not thy perogative...
IMG_20200530_223034614.jpg
IMG_20200530_222925737.jpg
IMG_20200530_223434997.jpg
IMG_20200530_223129850.jpg

Ok thanks guys! I figured they were like chickens with a baby set of feathers first in that way👍 also when should I take him off heat? It's around 72 at night here and 86 during the day
That sounds warm enough to take them off of heat. Watch them, though. They'll let you know if they get cold.

Back
Top Bottom