➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

5941B9A3-D44A-4B25-80B1-C1E626E5B984.jpeg

Of 55 set between Little Mama and the incubator, I ended with 41 hatched for a rate of 74.5%.

Myshire eggs went into lockdown today.

Our first ever hatch of chicks are now six weeks and two days old. The males are mounting everyone including each other. Plenty of crowing the past week. I was able to transition them to fermented feed the past four days and that cut down tremendously on the amount of water they were going through and feed they would spill everywhere. While cleaning up the cage tonight I was surprised to find an egg! Perfect, hard shell, lots of dark painting, but small. I didn't expect to look for eggs for another two weeks! Pictured is one of the normal adult eggs (my largest egg girl) and the tiny first egg 🥚🐦

We are thinking we will process the boys this weekend to stop the stress fighting and mounting that's starting to happen. I didn't expect that for another two weeks as well. The one boy we sold was already 200 g at six weeks old. My adult females are roughly 230 g.

What are your average adult weights?

Attachments

• 692EB988-9FB7-4C67-B7B3-236401BC8D0E.jpeg
    692EB988-9FB7-4C67-B7B3-236401BC8D0E.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 3
I have that also. Why not build one? I said heck I’m not spending 600. I’ll make it myself. I’m working on it today during the snow storm.
Only thing I noticed that I don’t like about the wynola cage is the door is so small making it difficult to add something of decent size like a dust bath
i’m tired of building 🤣🤣🤣 it just so happens that the 22” wynola ranch cage should fit perfectly on the side of the winter room. :fl:fl and since it is not built in, i can remove it to paint and clean as needed or set it up in the other shed so it’s much more versatile

Back
Top Bottom