➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

It's going to be nice out this week so I'll be doing a lot outside too. I can't wait till it's hot so I can sit outside and enjoy the sun.

I think it’s going to be almost 50 today or at least mid 40s. A welcome change haha I don’t do heat but 60s-70s is nice. Maybe starting at mid to upper 60s low 70s haha

I need to learn to make homemade bread. I don't like store bought bread because the sodium content is too high for my liking.

Glad you liked your breakfast. It must have been delicious.
Do you like how soft the store bread is? I prefer French loaves which have firmer texture.

For a 1 pound loaf.
3 cups flour - I mix 1 cup whole wheat or spelt or Ezekiel flour to 2 cups white bread flour for more taste and texture.
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar - your choice, but white refined is standard
1 tsp salt for the yeast, not you.
1 cup plus a little warm water. Wet makes a wide, soft boule. Dry makes a firmer, dense boule.

I mix with a kitchenaid. The smaller tilt heads do better with 3 cups flour loaves. The bowl lift prefer a double batch to get blended. Add flour for too wet and water for too dry. Play with it until you get what you want.

I don't use the bread pans. Either a 5 quart dutch oven or any skillet over 10".

Mix. Let rise for 1 hour in the mixing bowl in a warm spot (oven) with moist towel laid gently across the bowl, not the dough..
Form into boule. Place on greased and corn mealed baking surface. Grease, butter or oil the top if you desire. If you oil your hands, dough doesn't stick.
Let rise 1 hour.
Cook for 18 minutes in a preheated oven at 400°F or 25 minutes from a cold oven or until the top is as brown as you desire. Darker for crusty and harder bread.

In summary, bread making is an easy, delicious art. Few things make your mouth water as much as the smell of baking bread and that first bite of butter slathered onto a steaming slice. Not as good as San Francisco sour dough, but great none the less.

The sour dough starter molds in this environment. Tried it.

Do you like how soft the store bread is? I prefer French loaves which have firmer texture.

For a 1 pound loaf.
3 cups flour - I mix 1 cup whole wheat or spelt or Ezekiel flour to 2 cups white bread flour for more taste and texture.
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar - your choice, but white refined is standard
1 tsp salt for the yeast, not you.
1 cup plus a little warm water. Wet makes a wide, soft boule. Dry makes a firmer, dense boule.

I mix with a kitchenaid. The smaller tilt heads do better with 3 cups flour loaves. The bowl lift prefer a double batch to get blended. Add flour for too wet and water for too dry. Play with it until you get what you want.

I don't use the bread pans. Either a 5 quart dutch oven or any skillet over 10".

Mix. Let rise for 1 hour in the mixing bowl in a warm spot (oven) with moist towel laid gently across the bowl, not the dough..
Form into boule. Place on greased and corn mealed baking surface. Grease, butter or oil the top if you desire. If you oil your hands, dough doesn't stick.
Let rise 1 hour.
Cook for 18 minutes in a preheated oven at 400°F or 25 minutes from a cold oven or until the top is as brown as you desire. Darker for crusty and harder bread.

In summary, bread making is an easy, delicious art. Few things make your mouth water as much as the smell of baking bread and that first bite of butter slathered onto a steaming slice. Not as good as San Francisco sour dough, but great none the less.

The sour dough starter molds in this environment. Tried it.
I eat Ezekiel bread the no sodium one. It's delicious but expensive 😂

Apparently about 45 currently but it feels much warmer than that. Very sunny and bright out there. I let all the chickens out and tried to let the cat out but she came back in after only a few minutes. :lau and was very cautious going out. Sniffing a lot before she did and moving pretty slow. She’s very cautious and careful now and doesn’t like to go out much. Thought she would as she used to and she was lounging in the sun on the rug today but nope. :lau guess she only likes the sun not the great outdoors. :lau kinda makes ya wonder what she saw out there.

Anyway, I moved my pepper plants outside too. They’re not getting very much sun where they are in the house so I figured I’d move them outside. Probably a bit cold for them but they’re in the direct sun so very warm and I’ll move them back in later. Hopefully it helps them cause they’re not doing the best. Producing new leaves but also losing a lot of leaves so :confused:

The chicks are sunbathing :love not quite dustbathing yet but even sunbathing is progress!! They’ll figure it out eventually lol they’re right next to the dustbathing area.

@KDOGG331 have you seen Locke & Key on Netflix. It's one of their series, it's actually really good. I'm going to watch their vampire series too I think.

I went and checked on my chicks because I haven't really been able to spend much time with them the past two weeks and they are massive 🙈 My husband says that they're eating a lot more than they used to 😂 better stock up on chicken feed.

Apparently about 45 currently but it feels much warmer than that. Very sunny and bright out there. I let all the chickens out and tried to let the cat out but she came back in after only a few minutes. :lau and was very cautious going out. Sniffing a lot before she did and moving pretty slow. She’s very cautious and careful now and doesn’t like to go out much. Thought she would as she used to and she was lounging in the sun on the rug today but nope. :lau guess she only likes the sun not the great outdoors. :lau kinda makes ya wonder what she saw out there.

Anyway, I moved my pepper plants outside too. They’re not getting very much sun where they are in the house so I figured I’d move them outside. Probably a bit cold for them but they’re in the direct sun so very warm and I’ll move them back in later. Hopefully it helps them cause they’re not doing the best. Producing new leaves but also losing a lot of leaves so :confused:
They might have some nutrient deficiency. Have you tried adding some type of fertilizer to them? I like fox farm fertilizer, it has always worked very well for my plants.

This year I'm going to try to do tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, and herbs so that I can make fresh salsa. I think I'm going to move my garden boxes too because where they are right now they get way too much sun. When it's 110 it just kills the plants!

@KDOGG331 have you seen Locke & Key on Netflix. It's one of their series, it's actually really good. I'm going to watch their vampire series too I think.

I went and checked on my chicks because I haven't really been able to spend much time with them the past two weeks and they are massive 🙈 My husband says that they're eating a lot more than they used to 😂 better stock up on chicken feed.

The preview keeps popping up when I open it but it looked creepy LOL :oops:

And hahaha OMG!! Mine are huge too. And eating tons lol

Back
Top Bottom