1"x3" wire?

Zahboo

Simply Stated
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
Hope Mills, NC
I am trying to build my bantam coop. If I can use the 1"x3" for bantams, IT"D BE GREAT. I have 100' of this stuff and it's easy *ish to work with. If I can't, then I won't get their coop built for a while....

It should work, don't see any reason why not. Most people use 2x4 welded so you're just using the smaller version. ONly issue i have is around the botton, you might want to wrap it with chicken wire or 1"x1" mat wire. That way if they try to stick their head through(and they will) nothing will be able to grab at them. Good Luck

Yes my standards did that. I may have enought hardware mesh. I MIGHT even have enough for most of the tractor. I planned to do the whole thing with chicken wire and the big wire. That way it holds them in, but is secure. I've seen our pit bust through chicken wire, thank god the coop door was shut

Yeah i know
big_smile.png

Well so far dogs are our only problem. It is going to be a tractor, but we could put it in the dog yard (we have inside dogs that are 6 pounds max little mexican rats) They are afraid of chickens.

Back
Top Bottom