10 week old Maran - diarrhoea and constantly drinking water

Talesofplemontfarm

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2020
Hello all,

my 10 week old Maran is being obsessive with drinking water and has diarrhoea. I’m starting to be a bit concerned as it’s been a couple of days now.

they are fed layers pellets and Verm-x so I don’t think it could be worms, but what would you suggest doing if it doesn’t pass soon??

thanks very much!

At 10 weeks they are way to young to get layer feed! You need to change that asap.
It could be that he is just drinking too much. You might have to have his poop checked to know for sure if he has some sort of parasite he is dealing with.

At 10 weeks they are way to young to get layer feed! You need to change that asap.
It could be that he is just drinking too much. You might have to have his poop checked to know for sure if he has some sort of parasite he is dealing with.

thank you for this! I will get it changed urgently. I was recommended to take them off chick crumb at 8 weeks old, so will try and give them some other food to help them along.

always learning, again, thank you!

I understand about the learning! Believe me!
I keep my youngsters on chick pellets until they are about 9 weeks... after that they get a feed that is meant for growing youngsters. They get that until they are about 5 or 6 months. I am not sure what kind of feed you guys have in the States as I am in Germany.
Is he the only one with diahrrea?

I am in Jersey, Channel Islands and there isn’t much other food choice locally, probably why I was recommended to go straight for that 😂 yes out of 5 chicks they are the only one poorly!
I will have to see if I can maybe order some online!

Back
Top Bottom