11 Week Easter Egger - mixed signals

View attachment 2637203
View attachment 2637221
View attachment 2637222
View attachment 2637224
oh yes, it’s a boy 😂 he has been dating (well attempting to mate) his chickhood stuffed dinosaur. i think it’s because sophie isn’t laying yet and i think he’s being supportive (he tried to show her how to nest yesterday) and waiting or i just raised him like a hooman and he doesn’t know what to do.

he’s still a sweetheart besides being frustrated.. er.. you know. still wants to sit on my lap in the evenings while sophie is on my shoulders and only tried to mate with my arm once. awk.

oh and later in the spring or early summer when sophie is laying well, the gal who hatched sophie said she would incubate george x sophie eggs to see what kind of monster they make hehe.

just thought it would be a fun little update for all y’all who we’re so helpful on this thread! ❤️
He's so pretty! :love

Gold hen x silver rooster, silver rooster x gold hen, gold/silver split rooster x gold hen, gold/silver split rooster x silver hen, and silver rooster x silver hen (with autosomal red) can all produce gold/silver split male offspring or ones that appear to be gold/silver split (in the case of autosomal (non-sexlinked) red). All but one of the above crosses is sex-linked.
I just realized I wrote this wrong- it’s supposed to be “only one of the above crosses is sex-linked”. Most of those crosses are NOT sex-linked.

Back
Top Bottom