11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My babies popped out early! Set the 24th for coturnix quail and they hatched yesterday and still popping out today!
D5364D7C-7838-4ABD-9FE2-2A85194E376D.jpeg
F8770277-04CF-468D-9A89-A9C5932599A5.jpeg

Eggtospy done on the 4 non hatchers. One I knew going to bed that its wasnt positioned right. I couldn't figure out where is head was to assist other than opening up from the aircell.. two internal piped and absorbed yolk but didn't make it to external pip.. the last one another one in the wrong position piped into its yolk.. :(
Nice eggtopsy report!

They look like they went in the dryer 🤣 They are too funny and cute looking.

Decided to keep myself busy with household chores. As much as I want to sit right next to my incubator all day that will just not be smart since I will want to candle one.

It’s funny the medium dark ones I couldn't see anything, but the light ones and the darkest ones I could. What’s with these medium dark olive eggs.

I agree, I find some of the olive eggs harder to candle than dark Marans.

Bantam Silkied Cochin #2 is hatched! They're so tiny but even with them being so small it's hard to see how they fit in the even smaller eggs, lol! I see 3 more out of 5 eggs that are externally pipped. 1 of the remaining 2 is the egg I don't expect to hatch but hoping to see a pip soon in the other!

4-10-20 (3).JPG

Sure! This is the breeders picture. They're actually not a cross. They're 100% Bantam Cochins that have barbless feathers. Not my breeding group. They're from a family friend of mine. This was my first time hatching eggs from her flocks. I'm having ok results!
I started with 12 of the Bantam Silkied Cochins and had 3 infertile and 3 quitters. Hoping the rest hatch! :fl

View attachment 2083183

They look like they went in the dryer 🤣 They are too funny and cute looking.

They do look like they’ve been through a dryer! Someone must have washed them at home when the label said dry clean only.

I don’t think I’ve ever come across anyone who’s had them, especially with naturally occurring Silkie genes. They’re adorable! Keeping my fingers crossed for you :fl

My first Easter baby is out! It's a Bantam Silkied Cochin and I think it's BLUE!!!! I'm so excited! I think I need to keep this one. I was hoping for blue or splash but was anticipating mostly black.

View attachment 2083143
It will likely be blue!

Very Cute :love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom