Humaira

Chirping
May 25, 2018
Hey guys please help me with this,the previous rooster of my also died in this way and he is too following the same path. His legs are looking so weak,he is not able to walk nor standnot stand properly.I am feeding him eggs,meat and every protien food which can strengthen him, but still he is not showing any sign of recovery.I also soaked his legs in Luke warm water accompanied with detol to kill bacteria but all in vein.

Attachments

• 1544969339685470130934.jpg
    1544969339685470130934.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 15449693645591707403586.jpg
    15449693645591707403586.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 6
If you haven't seen any improvement in this rooster's condition after disinfecting surfaces, and feeding him a supportive diet, perhaps he's suffering from one of the many incurable avian viruses. These viruses take up residence in a flock by attaching to the living cells of your chickens, and they never leave for the life of the chicken.

Sometimes, chickens will develop resistance to these viruses and never show any symptoms until their immune systems are weakened by stress or a bacterial infection. At that time, you can try treating their illness with an antibiotic which would help them recover from the bacterial infection.

However, many of these viruses eventually produce cancerous tumors that can eventually kill a chicken. The only effective and efficient way to diagnose whether a flock is harboring one of these contagious viruses is to have a necropsy performed on the next chicken that dies.

On your other thread, we had suggested that the chick’s diet may be lacking in vitamins and minerals due to not feeding a balanced commercial chicken feed. In India, it may be necessary to mix your own feed to get enough of the required nutrients. We also discussed possible diseases such as coccidiosis early on that might have stunted frowth, as well as other diseases such as Mareks. This is the other thread for those who wish to follow:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ill-baby-rooster-help.1284448/

Back
Top Bottom