AJEDrew7

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2020
Making a new update post because we're having trouble finding Parsley a new home. If anyone in my area has any suggestions please let me know. We are willing to drive a reasonable distance to re-home him. We've reached out to the MSPCA and they told us they prefer we find him a new home ourselves and provided us with some resources. He's currently living with 4 hens in our backyard coop and he's definitely protective of them. He's not cuddly by any means, but I wouldn't say overly mean or aggressive either.

xXuehRW.jpg
JNnPfnX.jpg
WItyQAU.jpg

Thanks! We are not. We live in the suburbs and have our neighbors close to us. He's crowing at all hours of the morning as roosters do

He is one good looking rooster! I love his coloring.

Unfortunately I may be in the same situation as you shortly. I am in central MA and Roos are a no-no in my town as well. May I ask what resources the MSPCA provided for you?
Also, if I find out any helpful info I will pass it along to you as well.

Most of the resources don't seem particularly helpful- farms/sanctuaries that are far away or at capacity and small local backyard coop Facebook groups that I didn't really bother with.

Someone PM'd me after I made this post and suggested I post him on craigslist in the farm/garden section for free so I went and did that. I've had 3 people interested and we plan on moving him along to his new owner this evening. It makes me a little uneasy not knowing 100% what's going to happen to him, but we cannot keep him and I don't really see many other options. The guy I've been talking to says he has a small flock of his own so I'm hopeful he's going to a happy new home.

Update: The guy was super nice. He sent me a video of our Parsley with his new flock. He said he's a little aloof and kind of just ignoring the hens, but I figure it'll be a few days while he adjusts given he's just been uprooted from the 4 hens he's been with for 3+ months. @RootyBoots I would suggest the Craigslist route and just try to get as much info as you can before making a final decision.

Update: The guy was super nice. He sent me a video of our Parsley with his new flock. He said he's a little aloof and kind of just ignoring the hens, but I figure it'll be a few days while he adjusts given he's just been uprooted from the 4 hens he's been with for 3+ months. @RootyBoots I would suggest the Craigslist route and just try to get as much info as you can before making a final decision.

Thats great news! Sounds like Parsley has a good forever home.
Thank you for the update.

Back
Top Bottom