14 Silver Wyandottes reduced to 7 in a week!

mew317

Chirping
Feb 9, 2018
Hi, I have Silver Wyandotte chicks that look around like a few weeks or a month. I had 14 but one died as it was frozen. We now have 7 of them and we ain’t sure what’s wrong.
1: Are they being treated? Yes, I think.
2: Are they dying? Yes.
3: Whenever they are sick, are they laying down, standing puffed up, or just puking? All three.
4: Symptoms? Puking up liquids of some sort (clear), puffed up, one of them is opening and closing their mouth like gasping, closed eyes, etc.
What do we treat them with? What’s wrong with them? We lost 7 and we might have 8 gone in the morning. Help a fellow Chicken-fanatic out!
(PS: A golden Wyandotte chick is in the house with 3 others and not doing much.)
Tell me what it is, please!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 31
I don’t know who’s still up. Let me call for some help here.
@KikisGirls
@dawg53
@coach723
@Wyorp Rock
@casportpony
@Eggcessive

The age is right for coccidiosis, let’s get some questions rolling

what have you been feeding them ?
Is is a medicated chick feed?
Do they have chick grit?

Please post a poop picture.

Have you tried treating them with corid?
Do you have corid on hand?

Where are you geographically where one “froze”?
Are you providing a source of heat?
Looks like the one in the photo is in a bird cage, on wood shavings- not cedar(right?)
Are they all indoors at this time?

D9CD85B4-DF1D-448A-A143-87D6158D2071.jpeg
Dumor - Poultry Feed. We originally gave them chick starter and ran out. Pine shavings is what they are called..and their also “Premium pine shavings” by Tractor Supply. Ohio, around maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago, I forget. Heat source, yes. I don’t handle poop because I don’t even know if I wanna touch it, but, I’ll try. Also, no bloody poo or any diarrhea I seen. Not sure about Chick Grit. Corid may or may not be here atm. Not medicated. When I say it froze, it died a few minutes after it was up under the heat lamp for some reason. They were from A sale. Just saying, it was cold when it got here. It was around 9 PM.
7327D70A-CFB6-4504-BC22-BF88AF7D4ED9.jpeg
8CF5A5E8-D671-4D7C-A89C-DE984F29DE20.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom