If you can get Calcium carbonate now, I'd go ahead and use that until the calcium citrate +D3 arrives. I see that you're in the Philippines. Let me tag @azygous and see if she has more advice. I believe @LaFleche was also here and may have something to add. I'm so sorry that I'm not more helpful

Temporarily, i placed boiled egg shells on a separate container and also wet mashed the finisher&layer pellet together. But still looking online for calcium supplement.

I have noticed since she started laying that her crop seems large and soft, is this normal? She eats, drinks, poop. Tonight i intentionally removed the waterer and feeder out of her cage, so i can see tomorrow morning if it will decrease in size. Anything i can do?

Use the dog calcium tablets, one per day, until the citrate arrives. This is a calcium boost temporarily until this pullet gets on track. It must not be given regularly. That's what oyster shell or crushed limestone is for. You should be able to get it at your poultry store where you get your feed. Forget about the layer feed for now. Keep feeding the starter feed until all of the pullets are laying.

The most important thing is to find a daily calcium source for them. It would surprise me you wouldn't be able to find oyster shell since oysters grow in the ocean all around those islands. You're probably walking on them every time you step outdoors.

Check her crop in the morning before you feed her. If her crop is full in the morning, she's likely having eggs start to back up inside her. All the more reason to give her a daily calcium tablet until she begins laying normal eggs.

Back
Top Bottom