16 Hours!!! CHICKENSTOCK - Berks Co PA 7/18 **photos**

I'll be there with my husband and kids as well as 2 EE one pullet and one cockerel. Both lovely but needing new digs
tongue.png
I'll bring a side dish or a desert to add to the food table. Can't wait until Saturday
big_smile.png

white EE pullet

grey EE cockerel

See you all there!

Lee,
As far as I am concerned, if you don't want to come and meet folks from this site and enjoy a bit of BBQ and maybe swap some birds or stories, then don't. But to pop into this post after it being up for months and telling me I'm committing fraud is ridiculous and insulting.

I hope all you folks who were planning to be here Saturday will feel it's worth the trip. i appreciate all of the effort and input you all have made over the last 2 months, adn I look forward to seeing you all.

Last edited:
Edit to remove troll quote

according to PA laws this "fair" cannot take place i agree with the posters points posted above. i hope you do not take this wrong but being i work for the pa dept of ag i feel it needs said she is correct in what she is saying. you should always check your state laws before planning things had it been listed as a poultry swap or chickenstock it might have been fine. for futer refrence please refer to the following pa dept of ag link - http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/agriculture/lib/agriculture/animalhealthfiles/Fair_rules_2009_final_1-21-09.pdf

please
see- Section 2: Pennsylvania Poultry, Waterfowl, Upland Game Birds, Ratites, and Pigeons:

the only lagit berks county fairs r listed below-
Results For Your Search of Berks County Fairs :

Kempton Country Fair (June 16 - 20, 2009)
Reading Fair (Aug. 3 - 8, 2009)
Kutztown Fair (Aug. 10 - 16, 2009)
Oley Valley Community Fair (Sept. 17 - 19, 2009)

the fair listed in this post is not "County Sponsered" .

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Thank you very much, but I actually did check with the dept of ag AND the berks county extension office which is right down the road from me to make sure what the laws and rules of having such an event were. In fact, we were originally going to rent the 4H building behind the ag center before it became to cost prohibitive. The county extension office knows FULL WELL what we are organizing and has ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUE with it.

Further, I don't know what PA "laws" you're referring to but the dept of ag in Harrisburg has no problem with folks getting together to sell birds to each other. According to them,t is not necessary to be NPIP registered or tested for an event such as a buy/sell/swap meet because the state of PA considers folks who raise poultry for "non-commercial" reasons to be no different than farmers going to a stock yard to sell their livestock. Not only that, we don't need a permit or license either. It is perfectly legal.

See, folks, I checked out all the legalities before I even committed to getting this together TWO MONTHS ago. If I was told in any way shape or form by ANY department we couldn't have this event, I wouldn't be hosting it. I did my research, I contacted who I was told to contact and I was given the "all clear".

It seems to me there are some folks who have a hidden agenda here trying to besmirch our little get-together in the final hour. I truly hope that those of you who were planning to attend will still be here. I will be here regardless.

I have never claimed this was a county sponsored event.

Last edited:
Oh, one more thing before I go to bed....

For those of you who are participating with items to sell. Please try to be here at least by 945 so we can get you organized and birds out. That way we are all ready for anyone who shows up - considering the last minute bad press and misinformation that is being spread.....

I have had over 30 different emails regarding our event, folks are interested and folks are coming regardless of what a few people in here are trying to lead you all to believe.

Plus, I have dump cake and ice cream and I need help eating it all!!!!

See you saturday.

I can't make it by 9:45, but I only have 3-4 pullets that I'm looking to trade or sell.

Here is the Blue Silkie and one of the Faverolles about 10 days ago. They've feathered out quite a lot since then. (sorry the pic is rotated!) Both came from Mypetchicken, and were sexed at the hatchery

I'm also bringing an adorable (if a bit aloof) little fluff ball Blue Cochin. She doesn't do photos.

Anyway, I'll be up around 11 I assume, with something vegetarian for the food table. It will be fun to meet some other chicken folks face to face, and maybe find 1 or 2 new ladies for my yard. DO NOT, DO NOT let me leave with more than 2!!!

32940_img_0670.jpg

Sara ... I'm in.

I have two Cockerels and two Pullets I will bring.
(unless you are unable to accommodate me)

And I'll contribute to the food, Just not sure what I'll bring.

This is a huge endeavor you have undertaken and I appreciate all you have done.

Wish I had kept up with you on this. Unfortunately it was not until today that I became informed.

I look forward to meeting All of you!

I've been going through this thread trying to figure out who all is coming.
This is what I have so far:
Username Real Name(s) Bringing
scbatz33 Sarah Batz drinks, dump cake and the Brisket

wishiwasjane Bannatyne Matson side dish or a desert
husband and kids as well as 2 EE one pullet and one cockerel

PhiladelphiaPhlock Bailey something vegetarian
3-4 pullets that I'm looking to trade or sell, Blue Silkie , Faverolles,
adorable little fluff ball Blue Cochin,
maybe find 1 or 2 new ladies for my yard. DO NOT, DO NOT let me leave with more than 2!!!
I would be interested in 1 Marans pullet (6-12 weeks would be ideal), and 1 EE/Ameraucana/Olive Egger pullet

Holly O Holly not sure
two Cockerels and two Pullets

19hhbelgian Steph potato salad
I would be willing to sell 1 of my Lavender Ameraucanas... They are healthy and about 2 months old... There would be at least 1 blue egg layer
I will also have 1, MAYBE 2, of my Ameraucanas & a bantam Salmon Favrolle. Was wondering if anybody was bringing any type of frizzles?
I am in search of frizzle polish - any age if anybody has them!

Tecalli Unknown
A 2 month old is exactly what I am looking for. Yes, I am definitely interested. Looking forward to the 18th!
we are most interested in getting an Easter Egger, Brahmas, and Orphingtons

Thomas423 Anne and Bob Thomas Pasta Salad and brownies
We are at our limit for chickens so I won't be able to buy. But always interested in Silkies and really want Black Astrolorps.
(I'll be bringing a box, just in case LOL)

Stina Christina B pulled pork or bbq chicken
We haven't officially decided one way or the other if we are going. (7/15/09)
We will probably have available a couple of serama chicks, possibly a snowy call duckling...as well as some artwork (not chicken related ) and possibly some animal supplements/probiotics.
Would anyone be interested in leopard geckos or pet mice?......
I would be interested in call/east indie ducks/ducklings (maybe...), and would REALLY love a buff laced polish frizzle bantam pullet/hen.....please please please if anyone has/will have one!......frizzle seramas too....
what type of quail?.....I am looking for buttons
Any chance anyone will have chicken diapers?....

Debi214 Debi
I just won't be bringing any chickens.........boyfriend talked me out of it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom