2 CALL DUCKLINGS...almost 3 weeks old..time to go OUTSIDE??????

stux2c

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 21, 2010
Hi all...I am a chicken guy really, but this year we got two call ducklings. At least I was told they were call ducklings...they seem to be growing pretty big....or at least bigger than I expected for call ducks.

First question is there any way I can tell whether I have call ducklings or standard ducklings? They are all yellow, and they slilght feathering that is beginning, it looks like they are going to be white.

The other questions I had, was...even though they are not feathered out yet, the temps are in the low 50s at night, and high 60s to mid 70s during the day right now. Can I move them to their hutch/coop outside? If yes, shoudl I use heat lamp, or are they good to go at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!! I really hope we have call ducks.

post a photo? If they are pet quality call ducks -those tend to be on the bigger side-but not as big as a normal pekin or mallard and such. 50's is too cold for them at night if they are not Fully feathered-put them outside in a safe secure area with a heating light they can lay under to take the chills off. When they are fully feathered at like 6 weeks then you should be fine with no lights...

Back
Top Bottom