2 day old chick is having issues - video

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Celiandy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Celiandy

Celiandy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2010
    Port Angeles
    I just had 4 polish chicks hatch 2 days ago, yesterday I noticed that one of them was acting a bit strange, it seems to have some equilibrium issues. Someone mentioned that it might have some brain damage issues, I also heard of someone treating something like this with vitamins. What type of vitamins would I use? Here's a short video of the behavior - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fVLrwpEIvM
    These
    poor little guys had a really rough hatch, the other 3 seem to be doing great. I'm really hoping this little one will pull through. Thanks for looking.

2. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Intensive treatment with vitamins b and e certainly wouldnt hurt. I would not give up on it.

3. Celiandy

Jul 2, 2010
    Port Angeles
    Would I just grind up regular person vitamins or are there special chicken vitamins? Should I take that one out separate to treat it or just put vitamins in the water for all the chicks?
    Thanks.

4. grammypam

grammypam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Oronoco,Minnesota
    It could be wry neck. I had one with that problem. I gave her Polyvisol drops....It's a infants vitamin. Get the one with NO IRON. You can buy it at any drug store or Walmart type places. My chick was better in two days. Good Luck!

5. Celiandy

Jul 2, 2010
    Port Angeles
    Thanks! I'll run out later today and get some.

6. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

I just used my multi B and a multi-all vitamin. I crushed and added to food and water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by