2 day old not eating

Overthinker

Songster
Sep 26, 2021
I got 12 chicks, hatched monday. Sent thru mail. All eating and drinking and running around. But i have 1 that i don't think has eaten. It acts really sleepy and wobbly. I dip it's beak in water and it seems to drink but i haven't seen it eat and doesn't eat from hand. It comes out of heat plate but just moves real slow and doesn't do much. Sometimes wings hang a little and it doesn't really move much when i pick it up.

Should i try and feed it a scrambled egg or something? If so is grit needed. Should i keep dunking it's beak in water?

Please, thank you

I'm hoping she's just exhausted and will be better tomorrow. We brought them home from post office at 7am and they all past out right now and quiet 8pm

How often should I feed it egg yoke? I don't want to over feed it something, otherwise I'd do it like every 15min. Want it to rest also

Thank you! I'm on my way to get it now. So just dip its beak in it a few times?
Not sure about the yolk but I'd direct dose with undiluted Nutri-Drench maybe twice a day for now. About 10-15 min after dosing offer it some food and see if it'll start eating on it's own.

Thank you! I'm on my way to get it now. So just dip its beak in it a few times?
Buy a plastic syringe or an eyedropper and drip it into its mouth. Just be careful because chickens can aspirate easily, so never try to force them to drink, but if you drip it onto the lower beak the chick should be able to swallow droplets like that.

Back
Top Bottom