2 month old pullet making whistling sound when breathing out? Only when relaxed and not constant.

emulhall

Chirping
Aug 25, 2019
My little pullet, Inari, is a sweetie, so she cuddles a lot. Whenever she’s starting to fall asleep or just when we’re cuddling and she’s relaxing, I hear a whistle noise come from her nose on her exhales. It is not constant. It’ll happen and two minutes will go by and then she’ll have 3-4 unusual breaths, then gone again.

No swelling in her eyes. No nasal or eye discharge. Eating and drinking normally and acting like her crackhead self. She does sneeze sometimes, but her bedding is aspen bedding, which even makes me sneeze sometimes when I freshly replace it.

I’m quite nervous. Do you think she has a respiratory issue in beginning stages? Her flockmates do not do this and they snuggle too so they’re right next to my ear and I can’t hear a thing.

any help is appreciated !! <3

My little pullet, Inari, is a sweetie, so she cuddles a lot. Whenever she’s starting to fall asleep or just when we’re cuddling and she’s relaxing, I hear a whistle noise come from her nose on her exhales. It is not constant. It’ll happen and two minutes will go by and then she’ll have 3-4 unusual breaths, then gone again.

No swelling in her eyes. No nasal or eye discharge. Eating and drinking normally and acting like her crackhead self. She does sneeze sometimes, but her bedding is aspen bedding, which even makes me sneeze sometimes when I freshly replace it.

I’m quite nervous. Do you think she has a respiratory issue in beginning stages? Her flockmates do not do this and they snuggle too so they’re right next to my ear and I can’t hear a thing.

any help is appreciated !! <3
She also sometimes stretches her neck to breathe. I gave her some olive oil soaked bread thinking she had something stuck and she has not done it since.

Back
Top Bottom