2 mystery chicks from the "EE" bin

Panth

Songster
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Indiana
Got these two out of a group of 14 from the Easter Egger bin at TSC. They are the only ones that have no beard or muffs, and yellow legs. I really don't think they are Easter Eggers, any guesses on what they may be?

This is TERROR, he/she has a pea-comb.
4 days old:

4 weeks old:

This is VENDETTA. He has a single-comb.
1 week old:

4 weeks old:

Any ideas?

EE's are mixed breeds, so they can have beards or not. And they can have any color legs. They both look like EE's to me.

The first one is NOT a barnevelder.

Thanks... just went by the fact that it looks alot like my barnevelder chick
hide.gif

EE's are mixed breeds, so they can have beards or not. And they can have any color legs. They both look like EE's to me.

The first one is NOT a barnevelder.

Didn't mean to offend. It may have barnevelder (or more likely dark cornish) in it, but it's not pure barnevelder.

Here's pure barnevelder chicks:

Please don't think that you offended :) I love learning and without help from others who are more knowledgeable, I wouldn't have that opportunity

They are adorable! I know there is a big difference between hatchery and breeder but that is amazing. They really look nothing like mine for Ideal. Unfortunately, due to Marek's I have to either go hatchery or hatch and vaccinate. My last couple hatches resulted in having 21 roos!!! I just can't risk that again so for now, I have to be happy with hatchery quality.

Last edited:
EEs! x2 All of my EEs have looked UTTERLY DIFFERENT, ranging from yellow as chicks to the usual chipmunk pattern, and then a whole range of colors when they got older.

Back
Top Bottom