2 Sister Hens Love Eachtoehr Like Humans :o

madabouthens

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 14, 2011
i have to sussex hens the have been ogether since birth and one went broody so we sperated them then the other went white in the face couldnt walk it coundlnt do anything, we thought it was dyeing
sad.png
. She had been like this for a day or two. so my dad sugested lets just leave if on top of its siter so it dies with some1 it loves, the next day we came down and the hen was absoultly fine i was amazed. i never thought that the hen was dying because it was heart broken. It realy made me think about how amazing these animals are
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

A good reminder one should never forget the emotional bond between birds.

Glad you sorted that out. Good for you. Actually, we humans project a lot of human emotions and relationship concept onto chickens. Chickens have their own complex social structure and society. The are creatures of the flock and don't do well without companionship and flock relationships. We often describe the pecking order in somewhat harsh terms, and it can be sometimes, but it is also a security for them, it is how they "fit in" and fit together. I have hens that insist on laying together each morning. It is what it is.

Pull a member out of a small, tightly knit flock and the whole Borg entity is disturbed. Funny chickens.

Oh that is so sweet - good thing you figured out what was wrong. I have two Mille Fleur D'Uccles (Laverne and Shirley) that are always together, too. Don't think one could survive without the other.

deb g

Awww, that's absolutely precious. (Your dad being thoughtful of her having companionship at the end is also just precious.) Glad it turned out the way it did. Such a touching story.

Back
Top Bottom