2010 What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & WebSite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem when I search for something, then click on a thread not on page 1 of the search. Hitting the back arrow takes me back to page 1 of the search. It's frustrating. Would love to have that fixed. Or have an advanced search so I can limit my search to "coop design" section or date range etc.

Second suggestion: Have the forum be customizable. I like to click on the "recent posts" at the top, but it's clogged with a bunch of stuff that I really don't care about (auctions, random ramblings, family life). I would love for it to only display the sections I'm interested in.

Thanks for looking for ways to make this a better site for all of us.

wow you know what? I havent read this whole thread at all but Ill throw this out just in case it hasnt made it to the top 10 yet...being able to pm more than 1 person at a time:) Sheesh maybe I even said that when this thread started?

Quote:
Oh yes! That's right! If you do a search for "mites," or whatever. You might get a 20 page thread, and you have to go through the entire thread to find the one post that has the information you need. I'm not sure how to fix that, but it would be great to have a solution.

Maybe we could get chat reservations, where only certain members could go in chat for a certain amount of time. (No more than two hours.) I'm saying this because there is a growing trend of chatroom parties and discussion groups and often "prisioners" a.k.a. people who are in the chatroom when a party they aren't invited to/coming to/are interested in starts are often irritable at the sudden change in discussion. Some might even try to crash the party. I'd rather be evicted from chat for two hours than get caught up in something I don't care about, ya know???
smile.png

Please consider adding this to the BYC forum.

This is something really minor, but I have the slowest computer in the world and I sometimes sit here waiting for page downloads.
I there some way we can have the Login info (username and password) on the Home Page? It would be one less "click" that we would have to wait for before being able to use the forum.

Spell check in the text box (not everyone uses browsers that have it built in).

Search results that link to the individual reply instead of the thread. There are too many 30+ page threads around here and the info one usually needs ends up being on page 15 or so. Huge time sink.

Ability to hide certain forums (fun and games, home life, etc) so their results are not visible in the 'recent threads'.

Ability to post a reply to feedback that is left for you, in line with ebay. Also have feedback link to the auction in question.

Last edited:
Quote:
You can already search within a thread. Choose "show results as posts" from the dropdown menu on the search page, and it'll give you a list of posts including your search terms.
smile.png

Quote:
I truly wish that people wouldn't assume that when the words 'adult conversation' come up, I or anyone else is referring to 'adult rated' subject matter.

For the record, 'adult conversation' is any conversation which is discussed in an adult manner, by anyone who has previously graduated from the 12th grade. For instance, I cannot justify a discussion about the stresses of the workplace with a 12 year old, because a 12 year old has absolutely no idea what the ADULT working world consists of. To make it chicken related, I'd like to be able to post the reasons for culling a chicken without have 25 ten year old's posting little crying smilies. And as I've stated previously, the amount of 'Lets Play the BYC Favorite Roosterzzz' type games has gotten a little out of hand. It nearly seems as if BYC has become a babysitter of sorts... "Here honey, why dont you play on BYC while mommy finishes dinner." And then whaddaya know... we have another 'Nomin8 the prettiest henzzz' thread.

I'm all about this being a 'g' rated forum, but some degree of child/adult seperation shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't read all 14 pages, so excuse me if this idea has already been mentioned/discussed.

My memory isn't the greatest, and it would be very helpful if BYC could send me a "reminder" email when I forget to give feedback on a seller.

Thanks

Let's not turn this into a content / moderation discussion, that has and can be discussed elsewhere. A few quick comments on the subject and if there are any follow-up questions you can PM me or comment on one of the many existing threads on the topic.
smile.png

Please remember, we've been doing this (moderating this community) for 10 years and we know what does and doesn't work. At the end of the day we want a place where:

1) All members feel comfortable asking questions and getting help for their chicken related questions.
2) Contention and arguments don't cause hurt feelings and more work for our moderators.

It is up to the collective experience of our moderating staff (and as a group they are AMAZING) to decide what is and isn't appropriate for our community. We've always wanted an environment where everyone could self moderate and "get along" but we've been shown that this isn't possible. We've learned that BYC can't accommodate every discussion, topic, communication style, etc. but at the end of the day we're very happy with the overall tone of our community.

Again, if there are any follow-up questions related to the tone, content, etc. on BYC you can PM me or comment on one of the many existing threads on the topic.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom