2012 Louisiana chickenstocks, shows, and meet-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i have a thought...since i have been getting a lot of people responding back from all over can we have it split at two places?? have one at one time and place and another one recapping what happened during the first meeting and getting more info from fellow poultry fans at another?? Or am i over thinking again...i tend to do that.
I have another idea..how about we all meet in the middle. Here is a pic of the flyer.....

i can't find any info on that club :( wanted to read some of their stuff and possibly contact them
11/17, North Louisiana Poultry Club Show, Haynesville, LA., Contact Jerry McCarty

I found that on the special meets on the call duck breeders page

This i found on the APA website of listed poultry judges.

Jerry McCarty 513 McKinley St. , Haughton, LA 71037 318/949-0027 G

I have notice that a lot of people have been looking for more info on this club...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/407295/louisiana-north-central They don't have a website or not much advertising...i did see a correction with a photo with the North Louisiana Poultry Club in the sample Poultry press I received in the mail several months ago.

Last edited:
i looked on the internet all over including facebook and haven't found anything just the show date and time

I lot of the members in this North Louisiana club are older folks, and many have been showing poultry for 30-50 years or longer. Most do not use the internet much, if at all. You need to contact Jim Crain if you want to be put on the mailing list for the Haynesville Show. The best way to get (free) information on upcoming shows is to click on the link to Exhibition Poultry Magazine in my 'signature' below, and also click on the link to APA-Lousiana website.

Roxanne - your flyer looks good. : )

Ann

I lot of the members in this North Louisiana club are older folks, and many have been showing poultry for 30-50 years or longer. Most do not use the internet much, if at all. You need to contact Jim Crain if you want to be put on the mailing list for the Haynesville Show. The best way to get (free) information on upcoming shows is to click on the link to Exhibition Poultry Magazine in my 'signature' below, and also click on the link to APA-Lousiana website.

Roxanne - your flyer looks good. : )

Ann

That would explain why Mrs. Robinson said in an Email that she "Hope and prays that something "Hot" going on here, cause it long past due. I wouldn't see why not...Lots of poultry fans out there. Just need a easier place where to get information that they need, show off there birds and have a great time meeting other poultry fans. I especially want to get the young ones involved since they are the key to the future of well everything.

Thank you Ann : )

Last edited:
That would explain why Mrs. Robinson said in an Email that she "Hope and prays that something "Hot" going on here, cause it long past due. I wouldn't see why not...Lots of poultry fans out there. Just need a easier place where to get information that they need, show off there birds and have a great time meeting other poultry fans. I especially want to get the young ones involved since they are the key to the future of well everything.

Thank you Ann : )

We really do not have a problem with the Juniors. Theresa L. at LSU is one of the biggest proponents of the kids showing birds and has put a LOT of energy into it over the years. Friends of mine who are judges and have judged the kids' birds especially at the State Fair say that the quality of the birds and the knowledge of the kids is just impressive in Louisiana. The real problem seems to be (and I am new to the State Rep position here) is that when the kids get out of 4-H or FFA there is just a wall and there is not much encouragement for them to continue showing poultry as adults - so few shows in-state. I would like to see the newbies encouraged to breed top quality birds and show at the APA and ABA level. But sometimes that is just more work than some want to put into it. . So I am hoping the Central Louisiana club stays fun for everyone and that eventually you will want to host an approved show, but that could be years down the line - doesn't matter really. Try to keep it fun. : ) Hopefully you will have some 'fun' shows under you belts before you try to take on the complexities of an approved show.

i hope to bring in people of all ages :) and that it's fun, entertaining, and a learning experience for everyone. i want to try and have the annual show sometime in June or July (spring break for everyone in school) and maybe a summer and fall show as well, but all this will have to come a bit later on. i also want to try and have not only the president/board meetings maybe once a month but aslo club meetings, swaps, and over all get together's every few months or so what ever is decided in the meeting(s). have a lot of idea's but the club does need to get it's "feet" off the ground first.

Well there are several restaurant along lake Charles highway, gas stations, and empty lots. I know this meeting isn't going to be hours, just more or less throw back and forth ideas.Just trying to get others in talking on here on where be a good place to meet....but if you want my opinion on picking a place, it would actually be at Sonic in Leesville. Trying to get the folks up in Alexandria area to come to the meeting. ...the one in Derrider is Always busy at least for me lol being right next to Walmart but it would be my second choice. They can eat food if they like or have on of those awesome drinks. We can sit down in the shade at the tables that they have and just talk and go over stuff. Plus if we go during Happy hour half price drinks.

Today I am creating a Agenda of topics to go over during the meeting...will post a copy once i finish it...Still have not heard anything back from those that I tried to contact about the meet n' greet. Thank you to those that got back to me :) Looking forward to meeting you all.

Last edited:

Okay here you all go...self appointed personal assistant for backyard chicken in the formation of this club is taking a break, till there has been an agreement for the Meet n' greet. Let me all know when an agreement has been made :) til then ......Have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom