2012 Louisiana chickenstocks, shows, and meet-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been working on the flyer. Looking over the tax exempt forms and such from irs...I printed it off and it zapped almost all my black ink!! Youth Apa/Aba got back with me and said we should get a year book to go over the showing regualtions. Here is what she wrote me

Dear Roxanne,
I have forwarded your letter on to a couple of folks. I would definitely suggest you join the APA and soon . You will get a Yearbook and in the book are the rules and regulations for putting on a poultry show and you’ll need the rules. You have a District representative and a State representative that might be able to help you also. They are listed in the Yearbook. You have about 15 members of the APA that live in LA and I bet they’d be more than happy to have a show down your way and you could probably get them to come on board to guide you along on this endeavor. You need someone there that can help you. It’s almost impossible to do this type of project via the internet but don’t take me wrong, it can be done, but hands on is a sure thing because it can be pretty confusing to the beginner.
Your state rep for the APA is Jerry McCarty but I don’t have his contact info. I sent a copy of this on to Pat Malone who is your District Director and I’m sure he’ll contact Jerry.
I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful but maybe this will open some doors.
Doris R.

So that is what is going on right now. On my end....beside chatting on my phone with fellow poultry fans :)

Hi Roxanne,

Pat forwarded you emails on to me, and also Doris'. Doris was not aware I was the new State Rep - now she knows. <G>

Anyway - in your email you had a question about the Associate Membership (with APA). The Associate membership is for any group or individual (this is more rare) that wishes to hold shows. For the $25 membership fee you are allowed one approved show per year. If you have more than one show as some clubs do you will pay an additional $25 for each show approval. Some shows have double judged shows or they have a Fall and a Spring show so the fee would be $25 in addition to the $25 associate membership fee. If your shows are also ABA approved, the same fee will apply and you will need to file separate show reports for each Association. . . .Which is not a big deal if you have done it before as I have many times.

Another thing - you mentioned trying to get tax exempt status with the IRS. I would not bother - most clubs can not afford the cost and hassle of this and it really is not necessary. 'IF' the club makes any money from their show they usually reinvest the money back into the club by buying show cages, advertising, etc. After you carry a bit of start-up money over into the next year, taxes/profit are rarely an issue.

Ann

Last edited:
okay i have a thought...since i have been getting a lot of people responding back from all over can we have it split at two places?? have one at one time and place and another one recapping what happened during the first meeting and getting more info from fellow poultry fans at another?? Or am i over thinking again...i tend to do that.

I just wanted to wish all of you lots of luck and good showing with the Central Louisiana Poultry Club. I have recently discovered the North Louisiana Poultry Club that is closer to me, so I have decided to join it. I would like to attend your shows so please put up the show dates when you have one on this forum. Best of luck and happy showing. :)

meet n' great

date: Sept. 1st, 2012
time: either 1 or 2
place: either Leesville or Derrider area

~ if you are planning on making it to this meeting please comment thank you. Roxanneinla how's the flyer(s) looking?

~ also the logo you see by Roxanne is a temp (maybe the permanent one) if anyone else has any idea's on a logo you can make it and post here and we all can vote on which one everyone likes the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom