1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Thank you! They're Nigerian Dwarf goats.

[​IMG]

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    :love So sweet! Love the different colors.

3. tiffani day

tiffani day Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Vicksburg Mississippi
    Thank you, I have mixed batch of wellsummers silver laced Wyandotte and barred rock. Its my third hatch and I tried keeping temp at 100 degrees and humidity at 40% because that fell between the 30 and 50 I was reading. I love in Mississippi and it's warm and dry right now

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus w/crappy Inet Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    So I need my head checked

todays events......

she buys a chicken plucker after she sells her left kidney, ok so that may be a little white lie, actually they said they couldn't make that deal but do take mastercard, done deal.... then she hand shakes on 2 narragansett toms and 3 hens all of whom are 7 plus months old, for a hundred bucks. I know NOT if it was a deal or not, but they sure are gorgeous and he is keeping them until I process my meaties.

gobble gobble, never had me a turkey over four months before lol always hatched them and sold them for the $$$$$$$$$$

5. Honora

Honora Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Wow, so tiny! Your partridge hen is gorgeous.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus w/crappy Inet Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Sorry I dont have time to quote everyone tonight anymore, gotta run out with hubs and kiddos! I will check in tomorrow afternoon! Have a great evening you all! I put everything I have learned in the article here: Hatching Eggs 101 - BackYard Chickens Community

Don't forget we are setting tomorrow, or WHENEVER or NEVER, just please HELP OTHERS, OR stay and CHATTAWHILE! [​IMG] WELCOME ALL NEW friends!!! Hatchers, Helpers, Chatters, Soapmakers, Smilemakers, Apron Sewers, well you get the idea...... muuuuuuwaahhhhh [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. storminthenight

storminthenight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Missouri
    And then there were 12! Threw out two Marans and a BLRW, early quitters. On the plus side all the blue eggs are still going! I thought one of the Am eggs was bad until I saw the chick doing a jig [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    South Australia
    Thanks!!!

9. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    That's still great numbers so far. I'm trying to be patient. I look forward to the 15th when I candle next. I'm manually turning 7x/day and decided to skip the Day 7 candle to give them more time. The 15th is Day 10 for the rare breeds and Day 7 for the Brabanters.

10. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I was thinking the same thing..nice diversity there in color. Love them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by