2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storminthenight

storminthenight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Missouri
    All air cells now marked! is it normal for them to be slightly different sizes? And one seemed for "jiggly" than the others. I was planning to candle at day 7 for any clears etc.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. TJChickens

TJChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    Hi all, I will be incubating a variety of d'Uccles. If anybody needs eggs, I am selling d'Uccle, Sebright , Serama and Runner duck eggs. Sometimes they are on the 24 hour auction thread or just ask me. [​IMG]

Duckshund eggs not available!

[​IMG]

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    interesting, can you throw the thread link over here when your on it sometime? I will read it from start when I get a chance. I would appreciate it! I remember on one of the Easter HALS someone hatched a few NN and they were a polish mix, I forget who, but the chicks were sweet looking, wonder what they look like grown! I will have to think about who, I am thinking Tyscoops or I cant remember his exact byc name. [​IMG]

I have the date to set a day early than Halloween so you have an extra day to set LOL!
    Welcome to our nut house!
    [​IMG]

normal, eggs laid on dif days of the clutch often have varied air cells, plus sitting in the coop on a hotter day or on shelf can effect that too. Not sure on the jiggly one, sometimes illness can effect the albumin quality and a bunch of other stuff, mulitple thiings change PH, age etc, check out this link....
    Watery whites
    http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/1/egg-quality-handbook/30/watery-whites/

[​IMG] AWEEEESOME!!! So glad to "see" you again! How have you been?
    I wish you were closer, HarmonyAnn is always looking for serama to add to her lines.

5. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    2 people like this.
  6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    draye do the NN winter well with being naked?

7. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    That's what really attracted me were the Colored and Red Dorkings. And of course the history of the breed.

1 person likes this.
  8. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

Mine have done well during the winter. I lost more fully feathered birds than NN' s during this past winter. You know how cold it was.

I lost either two or three regular chickens and only 1 NN.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] thanks for so much info!

10. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    This is something too, that I totally spaced this last one........All are marked and being measured. Great forum here, learning so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by