2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you marking air cells at start? that way you really know what your loss is from day one to day 7 or 10 whenever you candle. 

All air cells now marked! is it normal for them to be slightly different sizes? And one seemed for "jiggly" than the others. I was planning to candle at day 7 for any clears etc.

Last edited:
Hi all, I will be incubating a variety of d'Uccles. If anybody needs eggs, I am selling d'Uccle, Sebright , Serama and Runner duck eggs. Sometimes they are on the 24 hour auction thread or just ask me.
big_smile.png

Duckshund eggs not available!

I think the reason mine turned out 50 50 is because most of my flock have big bibs ( now ties) the gene code I think is NN meaning they are carrying only one gene for the naked neck. They being bred to other Nn ( big bibs) create approximately 75 % Naked Necks ( some of the babies will be Nn ( big bibs ) and some NN ( two genes for the naked neck) and 25% will be nn ( no gene for naked neck).

These will not ever produce naked neck chicks unless they are bred back to Naked Necks.

Then if you breed these to non naked necks you come out with about 50 50 on the chicks.

When you breed an Naked Neck with a little to no bow tie to any Naked Neck ( little or big bowtie) you should get all Naked Neck babies 100%.

I'm still learning all this myself. Kev from the Naked Neck thread can explain all this way better than I can.
interesting, can you throw the thread link over here when your on it sometime? I will read it from start when I get a chance. I would appreciate it! I remember on one of the Easter HALS someone hatched a few NN and they were a polish mix, I forget who, but the chicks were sweet looking, wonder what they look like grown! I will have to think about who, I am thinking Tyscoops or I cant remember his exact byc name.
hide.gif

Just set 10 Silver Grey Dorking eggs and 6 Red Dorking eggs. Set to hatch 10/9. I may have to set more the next day so I can have some hatch on halloween
roll.png
I have the date to set a day early than Halloween so you have an extra day to set LOL!
Welcome to our nut house!
images

All air cells now marked! is it normal for them to be slightly different sizes? And one seemed for "jiggly" than the others. I was planning to candle at day 7 for any clears etc.
normal, eggs laid on dif days of the clutch often have varied air cells, plus sitting in the coop on a hotter day or on shelf can effect that too. Not sure on the jiggly one, sometimes illness can effect the albumin quality and a bunch of other stuff, mulitple thiings change PH, age etc, check out this link....
Watery whites
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/1/egg-quality-handbook/30/watery-whites/

Hi all, I will be incubating a variety of d'Uccles. If anybody needs eggs, I am selling d'Uccle, Sebright , Serama and Runner duck eggs. Sometimes they are on the 24 hour auction thread or just ask me.
big_smile.png

Duckshund eggs not available!

Hugs-and-Kisses.gif
AWEEEESOME!!! So glad to "see" you again! How have you been?
I wish you were closer, HarmonyAnn is always looking for serama to add to her lines.

Last edited:
I bought some Red Dorking chicks once. I didn't care for them myself they were wild. Every time I walked into the run they'd go bazeerk and fly everywhere.

I hope you have good luck with yours and you like them. I think maybe it was just the line I got a hold of.

BTW: there was one cockerel in that bunch that turned out to be a Colored Dorking. Very very pretty color on a chicken.
That's what really attracted me were the Colored and Red Dorkings. And of course the history of the breed.

draye do the NN winter well with being naked?

Mine have done well during the winter. I lost more fully feathered birds than NN' s during this past winter. You know how cold it was.

I lost either two or three regular chickens and only 1 NN.

Last edited:
Mine have done well during the winter. I lost more fully feathered birds than NN' s during this past winter. You know how cold it was.

I lost either two or three regular chickens and only 1 NN.
thumbsup.gif
thanks for so much info!

are you marking air cells at start? that way you really know what your loss is from day one to day 7 or 10 whenever you candle.

This is something too, that I totally spaced this last one........All are marked and being measured. Great forum here, learning so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom