2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skies are looking a bit ominous this evening here too. Just got back in from gathering eggs and heard a chicken sneeze.............I've heard sneezes in the past and no issues. Just can't figure out which one did it. Guess I'll be watching for anything abnormal. I still worry about Avian Flu.........lately we have wild birds in droves...........

The Avian Flu that is raising havoc this year is Hi Path -highly pathenogenic. I wouldn't worry so much about a sneeze, the symptom you are looking for with this bird flu is death. If we are unfortunate enough to have it swing back into the State's, I plan to get all of my free ranging birds under roof and wrap their runs in hardware clothe and wildlife netting to keep out all wild birds and rodents.let's all just keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited:

So far the September hatch is going well. 5 hatched. 1 left in the incubator. I didn't expect this many. Now I'm really going to struggle with justifying this last hatch. They're rare, I'll say. I'm helping prolong the life of a breed, I'll say. I'm hatching along with some awesome people, I'll say. My kids are joining 4 H this year and can use this experience.
roll.png
DH will not be thrilled.
Aww your lil chickies are so sweet. And you just made me giggle so much. Thank you for the new excuses to use with DH
highfive.gif

Pretty late to the party but hopeful that I'll be able to join! I have some really special hatching eggs in the mail right now.. dunno if I'm gonna want to wait all the way 'til the 10th to put them in. Guess I'll just have to try and get another incubator and some eggs...

I havent had issues as we use a dehumidifier, I have saved silica gel packs, and they do sell them on ebay, and cynthia suggested something too! rice of course but I have heard no luck with that, I wonder if charcoal would work? IDK

Ummm..nooo, it was not me that suggested rice. Nope.

I must say, you make awesome contests!

I have to share a couple of photos of my son and friends. One of the girl's mother does makeup for stage. She did such a great job last yr. on these kids. My son is the little old man.

This is my baby without the makeup..a yr. ago. He turned 22 today. What?!?

With makeup on later in Oct.

Last edited:
So there probably won't be interest in a new invention: rice cooker/egg incubator? For when you want to make sushi AND balut at the same time?
Well there goes my million dollar idea...
lol.png

I have to share a couple of photos of my son and friends. One of the girl's mother does makeup for stage. She did such a great job last yr. on these kids. My son is the little old man.

That's awesome!
gig.gif

Waiting on a lot of rain here. The sky is ominous, making me very nervous. I've got layers in a hoop coop that could use some new roost bars to keep them off the ground....
barnie.gif

OMG RAIN we had!!! and the humidity was terrible, I couldnt sleep worth a crud!! uckkky
Skies are looking a bit ominous this evening here too. Just got back in from gathering eggs and heard a chicken sneeze.............I've heard sneezes in the past and no issues. Just can't figure out which one did it. Guess I'll be watching for anything abnormal. I still worry about Avian Flu.........lately we have wild birds in droves...........
me too

So far the September hatch is going well. 5 hatched. 1 left in the incubator. I didn't expect this many. Now I'm really going to struggle with justifying this last hatch. They're rare, I'll say. I'm helping prolong the life of a breed, I'll say. I'm hatching along with some awesome people, I'll say. My kids are joining 4 H this year and can use this experience.
roll.png
DH will not be thrilled.
ya.gif
highfive.gif
ya.gif

The Avian Flu that is raising havoc this year is Hi Path -highly pathenogenic. I wouldn't worry so much about a sneeze, the symptom you are looking for with this bird flu is death. If we are unfortunate enough to have it swing back into the State's, I plan to get all of my free ranging birds under roof and wrap their runs in hardware clothe and wildlife netting to keep out all wild birds and rodents.let's all just keep our fingers crossed.
I know, whats worse is getting all the emails from Nan at the state! ughhhh although it is nice getting it from the source it scares the bejimmenies out of me even more!

Pretty late to the party but hopeful that I'll be able to join! I have some really special hatching eggs in the mail right now.. dunno if I'm gonna want to wait all the way 'til the 10th to put them in. Guess I'll just have to try and get another incubator and some eggs...

WELCOME!!! YAYYAYYAYYA Dont wait to put them in! its best to set them!! your still with us for contests and chat, thats all that matters! welcome!!!

I must say, you make awesome contests!
Glad you think so, its everyone input and I think we are all pretty cool !!
hugs.gif

Ummm..nooo, it was not me that suggested rice. Nope.
no I meant you suggested something on the she said he said thread not???

thats sooooo cool!!!!

So there probably won't be interest in a new invention: rice cooker/egg incubator? For when you want to make sushi AND balut at the same time?
Well there goes my million dollar idea...
lol.png
ha ha ha bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom