2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Would this plucker work for a turkey sized bird?

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Here is a story for you all.... not chicken related, but chatty anyways....

I breed English Springer Spaniels on occasion for those of you that don't now, my true loves....

[​IMG]

anyways.....
    I wanted to get a female poodle... yea I said poodle, standard, so we could have a few springerdoodle pups, they are hypoallergenic and if you breed a chocolate to a springer they are gorgeous to boot!

anyways, I am having issues TALKING the family into an poodle, most hate poodles I find..... and I DID hate them until I started looking at springerdoodles.....

so I used a few images to get the kids on MY SIDE.....

Lucas was first.... I said how about a LION.....

[​IMG]

or a bear
    [​IMG]

and finally he saw a MINECRAFT poodle muwahhahhhahaaa SOLD one down another kid to go!
    [​IMG]

HARMONYANN

HOW about a pink one? "OK, but Mom you said I couldnt dye my silkies when I had them?" ummmm DOH, well ummm well, um Dogs are different maybe? we will see later on..... <insert foot in mouth> "MOM, I Like the Bear Poodles"
    [​IMG]

TWO DAYS later I get a text from her

MOM, changed my mind....
    "we are getting the pink one and I am getting my hair dyed, Aunt Angie says she can do it just like the first picture.....PINK on the bottom, I told her you already knew about it, Luv U"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PARENT FAIL [​IMG]<ps she is 10>

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Dontcha just love it when your ideas backfire? [​IMG]

They have that hair stuff that is washable... let her have temporary pink or purple hair for a weekend, then get your dog!

4. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    This is funny, and sounds a lot like my family. I love doodle breeds. I have a boxer and saw boxer-doodles. Adorable but the different hair types produced mixed results on the pups. Golden doodles and speepdogdoodles are my favorites.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  5. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015

6. kdunn716

kdunn716 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI
    I candled some of my black coppers and quail eggs last night and there is life!! Im soooo excited! This is my first time and Im so nervous to do something wrong and kill the little guys. But all my doubt was for nothing because I seen hearts beating :) which btw was a pretty amazing experience! I think im hooked. Now, to get them all the way to hatching lol

7. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    I tried the Standard Poodle too.........you're right..........no luck here either.........try try again? :) How do I upload a video from my night cam? It only says youtube etc and it's on my desktop...............

8. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    You could always try the route of what they Standard Poodle was originally bred for. It was originally bred to be a hunting dog. [​IMG]

9. PeppyLaRoo

PeppyLaRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2015
    Bowling Green, KY
    This was my first attempt at hatching. I got O Shamo chicks in the bator. [​IMG] I had 10 eggs left. Three have hatched, one pipped and 6 keeping fingers crossed over.[​IMG]

10. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Yes it would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by