2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How cool to hatch from the "same" flock!
clap.gif

tumblr_msmvckQLdA1rtw8b8o1_500.gif

no channels filled until lockdown! use something removable IF you need them

love.gif

YELLOW AND BLACK!!! go chickies goooooo how many are out now????

Thank you!!! WOWOWOWOWO That link wasnt there before was it!! your talented! that is fine! that wasnt what I meant at all dear!!! Its a wonderful prize, if you want we can do a portrait of their favorite fowl or pet something? what are your thoughts? Have you done a pet? that I can use to put on as an example?

duc.gif

sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

just keep the vent holes open all the time Katie if it keeps going that high during the first 18 days, marans are such boogers too loose weight too. And maybe keep them at least 7 days before setting them that way they will loose weight before setting too, some people will set a before a clutch is done. I have actually stored copper marans in newspaper to help get weight loss, I KNOW SOUNDS ODD RIGHT? but it worked to help with weight loss! sometimes you have to think out of the box for what type of egg and what that egg needs, I WOULD NEVER TRY THAT WITH SERAMA LMAO!!

I candle around 7-10 days, and then around day 14 and then 18 when I lockdown.

Quail eggs I keep humidity at 55% and candle at day 10 and again at day 14 so I am sure there are no bad ones, you can typically tell by the air cell size and your nose lol.

Is there anything we can put in the bator to help keep moisture down on high humidity days?

Is there anything we can put in the bator to help keep moisture down on high humidity days?
I havent had issues as we use a dehumidifier, I have saved silica gel packs, and they do sell them on ebay, and cynthia suggested something too! rice of course but I have heard no luck with that, I wonder if charcoal would work? IDK

I havent had issues as we use a dehumidifier, I have saved silica gel packs, and they do sell them on ebay, and cynthia suggested something too! rice of course but I have heard no luck with that, I wonder if charcoal would work? IDK
un popped popcorn will absorb more water than rice.

Of course the thing that counts is average humidity during incubation. It is fine if it goes to 60% but then goes down.

I fill with water and wait until it goes down to 20% before adding more when I hatch in the Genesis 1588. The Brinsea has an humidity pump.

I never even thought about using uncooked popcorn or those little packets on there. Yesterday I had mine at 40 for a few days but with rain today and my windows all open in my house it shot up. Im going to have to try those too. Would a dry sponge do the same I wonder?

I'll try the little packets! I save them too lol!! And popcorn sounds awesome! My other addiction...........Thanks you all
pop.gif

Waiting on a lot of rain here. The sky is ominous, making me very nervous. I've got layers in a hoop coop that could use some new roost bars to keep them off the ground.... :barnie

Skies are looking a bit ominous this evening here too. Just got back in from gathering eggs and heard a chicken sneeze.............I've heard sneezes in the past and no issues. Just can't figure out which one did it. Guess I'll be watching for anything abnormal. I still worry about Avian Flu.........lately we have wild birds in droves...........

So far the September hatch is going well. 5 hatched. 1 left in the incubator. I didn't expect this many. Now I'm really going to struggle with justifying this last hatch. They're rare, I'll say. I'm helping prolong the life of a breed, I'll say. I'm hatching along with some awesome people, I'll say. My kids are joining 4 H this year and can use this experience. :rolleyes: DH will not be thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom