2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi
    Still high 80s here, too hot, in my opinion.

2. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    I'll be happy to change with you! Never have been able to acclimate to the weather here. The hotter the better [​IMG]

3. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi
    I should be use to the heat but the humidity is what gets me.

4. storminthenight

storminthenight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Missouri

Ooh good idea! I never thought of using a ziplock bag for suspect eggs! I'm always afraid one is going to explode all over me, so I take them outside and chunk them in a bucket [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    I'm happy you have a plan. I hope it works! This is my first winter with chickens and I think my plan will work. I'm heating the line of nipple waterers with heat tape and I'll use an aquarium heater if needed. I still need to improve the bracing for the pipe. Not ready yet, so the winter better hold off for a couple months.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]very good therapy, now hands off and keep reading on the process of hatching! lol [​IMG] and NOT touching! this explains A LOT of what is going on in there! and it takes time, A LOT OF TIME!!! and hatch time is so testing a person!!! I get so antsy, and I have to zip my mouth on BYC because I can tell when people intervene, I see these posts and they say, I didnt touch it, I found it this way, [​IMG], its so obvious and so unfortunate for the chicks! They worry when they see the pip they think after a few hours, OMG OMG OMG its not doing anything... then they start to pick, just a little they think, then a bit more and then.... oh man!!!! sometimes it DOES take a day after it pips!! see the video I posted in the article I am going to post here: so READ READ READ!!

[​IMG]

Hands off! [​IMG]

yes too hot!!

its been nasty hate humidity
    Hubs wanted to try them, I just cant see them working for below freezing I just cant, so I cant afford to try something like that, I love the idea but like I said I just cant do it

OMG I wish I had my breakfast eggs in a bag yesterday! errrgggg DH!!!! he is the WORST EGG collector EVER!!! the worst stinky egg in the world I could have paddled him!!! but he would have liked it too much the brattt!!!! grossssssss he is too scared of broody hens!!!! the wooooooosss

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

8. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You know what..? As old as I am, I am actually getting used to seeing the color in kids hair. There are some that are actually done quite tastefully. Like the last photo..not bad. What they don't realize, is when it comes time to change it..not so easy..they usually have to cut it off. So, if she has long hair, it will be like that for a while, unless she dies it black black!! lol...

9. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Nice! Catching up, maybe you've had more hatch. [​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by