2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thank goodness om not alone. I was thinking of moving them to my basement by the dehumidifier but I hate going down there and its chilly. This is a humid fall for sure. Good luck to you!! I hope we both figure this out lolol
I had one more hatch but I helped it out. I got home today and it had pipped a hole about the size of a dime. One of the earlier hatching chicks was pecking at it and it was not fun to watch.( might be an O Shamo thing) I got the three out that had hatched and dried out and decided to lend a helping hand to the struggling chick. It is dried out now and standing up and looking good. Not much happening with the other 6 eggs.:( The early bird posted below.
awesome!! :)

If they are hatching fine without issues, you dont have an issue! During hatching you should turn heat down a bit though try 99 so they dont have to work so hard to get out. I say 99 because I am not so sure of your thermometers lol
at this point neither am I...I calibrated the glass ones in ice water...bought four and two for humidity...with the ones that came with the bator one would think they would be correct....going shopping online again ..

It's fun watching everyone hatch! And the quips have been great
Have a good night y'all

I have 6 days left on the batch of b.o.'s and I was going to start another batch of them on the 10th but I've been looking at light sussex and cream legbars all day. LS could be crossed with buffs for sex links and CL lay pretty blue eggs. Oh and I also want to hatch ducks too but had planned on waiting until spring but there are a few local sources that are still offering hatching eggs now so.. Oh the choices are too much for me! DH thinks just hatch more buffs as 'they are the breed you said you wanted to focus on' .. um yeah but..

idunno.gif

I have 6 days left on the batch of b.o.'s and I was going to start another batch of them on the 10th but I've been looking at light sussex and cream legbars all day. LS could be crossed with buffs for sex links and CL lay pretty blue eggs. Oh and I also want to hatch ducks too but had planned on waiting until spring but there are a few local sources that are still offering hatching eggs now so.. Oh the choices are too much for me! DH thinks just hatch more buffs as 'they are the breed you said you wanted to focus on' .. um yeah but..

idunno.gif
lol, hatchaholic! Totally know the feeling. Me and DH keep going over what are going to be in our multiple coops in the spring.. and I've got 3 different breeds in the incubator now! lol

lol, hatchaholic! Totally know the feeling. Me and DH keep going over what are going to be in our multiple coops in the spring..
and I've got 3 different breeds in the incubator now! lol

Ooh see I've one spare chicken coop that I could use for a different breed that can hold 35 maybe and we have built a duck enclosure elsewhere with pond and all that's empty and waiting and I suppose I could always build more coops and just get all of them? But then I'm sure I will want more lol. Multiple coops yes that sounds awesome!

In 4 days about 14 eggs will hatch under my broody! Anyone else hatching around this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom