2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
So this weekend my one goose egg and a few turkey eggs are supposed to hatch. It is my first time attempting to hatch geese eggs. Crossing my fingers it is a success.

If my calculations are correct, we are about a week away from hatching our first incubated eggs. Out of 8 eggs incubated, we have tossed two that were infertile. We have three that are developing beautifully and 3 other that either aren't as far along, or, more likely have stopped developing. We will likely toss them if nothing changes in the next few days. Our goose is sitting on a dozen more (but the last 2-3 likely aren't fertile as we lost our gander about 3 weeks prior to when she stopped laying). She is about a week behind the incubator. If we are lucky we will end up with about a dozen goslings this year. Then we might try our hand at hatching some duck eggs from our flock.

Yes they do that i didnt have my pen ready when they made their nests. I had one lead her three goslings out tgis morning though. I have two more still waiting. I was curious should i put them in the pen at night to protect their goslings. They are just not into going in there though if i put their babies in there will they go in?

Yesterday the eggs went into lock down and the anticipation is going to kill me! I noticed this morning one egg is not how I left it so it must be an active little one, this is the egg that is so full I couldn't see anything when last candled. There's another that has been that way for several days with a lot of movement, so much I'm wondering if maybe it has twins. This is my first time and wasn't sure what exactly to look for when I started. They were all active when they went into lock down so hopefully the hatching goes well. I will warn you guys I'm one of those who freak out when it comes to babies so be prepared, if I even think anything could be going wrong I will be on here driving everybody crazy. I apologize in advance. LOL
263a.png

Yesterday the eggs went into lock down and the anticipation is going to kill me! I noticed this morning one egg is not how I left it so it must be an active little one, this is the egg that is so full I couldn't see anything when last candled. There's another that has been that way for several days with a lot of movement, so much I'm wondering if maybe it has twins. This is my first time and wasn't sure what exactly to look for when I started. They were all active when they went into lock down so hopefully the hatching goes well. I will warn you guys I'm one of those who freak out when it comes to babies so be prepared, if I even think anything could be going wrong I will be on here driving everybody crazy. I apologize in advance. LOL
263a.png

Best wishes for a successful hatching!

My shipped Pilgrim eggs did very poorly, which I expected due to the detached air cells. Hatching was due yesterday, and only one made it out, and he's a little bitty thing. Loud though, LOL!

Last edited:
Best wishes for a successful hatching!

My shipped Pilgrim eggs did very poorly, which I expected due to the detached air cells. Hatching was due yesterday, and only one made it out, and he's a little bitty thing. Loud though, LOL!

AWWWWW so sweet! This just made the anticipation worse lol. I will have to look up Pilgrim and see what they look like, mine are white Chinese. I've heard the most difficult part is the hatching so I'm really nervous, hopefully I don't mess up anything. I put them in on day 25 and warned everyone to stay away from incubator unless I'm next to it. I'm mean according to the 8 year old.
How long will it take the others to hatch? I started with 12 and I can't remember if it was 5 or 6 that weren't even fertilized, I didn't think Leonardo looked like he was doing things correctly but I'm not a goose. The other 2 or 3 died around 2 weeks. I think I need another incubator so I can hatch some chicks, I found a lady in the next town over selling hatching eggs, I'm dying for some naked necks! LOL Thank you for the wishes and hopefully the rest of your babies make it out okay!
263a.png

Well my gosling didn't hatch. :(

Oh no!! I'm so sorry. I'm really worried the same thing is going to happen to me. Scary. I've been doing the cool down and spraying..well until lock down anyway. I put a paper towel under the plastic sheet and added as much water as I could and now I'm just waiting for something to happen.

Back
Top Bottom