2019 Emu Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Wow, he already kicked himself out! For scale, look at the teeny feet and the big toe of his dad!
5583f94238ac3e444b51e945fd5a306e.png

Congratulations! I like the size comparison angle of the picture.

Another one hatched last night! New baby is to the left.
f9adb1506d5600dd98a326dbb99a6b77.jpg

Close up
383fc3ace6e6fc65a76ecf7df33b110d.png

There are two more currently hatching! I have to say this is less messy/stressful than the incubator. I've been giving dad emu food and water, which he's been snacking on.

He was pecking on the chicks, too. I suppose it's something he's never seen before and he might've thought they were intruders rather than his own young!

just came home to a power outage, i think, air temp in incubator down to 91 degrees, temp in my water bottles 93 degrees. power must have just come back on because everything working fine but the incubator is struggling to get everything back to normal.
hope this doesn't kill my eggs. fired up back up incubator just in case incubator is on the fritz. this just sucks!

just came home to a power outage, i think, air temp in incubator down to 91 degrees, temp in my water bottles 93 degrees. power must have just come back on because everything working fine but the incubator is struggling to get everything back to normal.
hope this doesn't kill my eggs. fired up back up incubator just in case incubator is on the fritz. this just sucks!

:fl

My four eggs just hit day 35. No wiggling yet. One of the small eggs has lost way too much weight and I'm sure is no good, but I can't bring myself to pull it. The other has lost less weight, but I still don't hold out too much hope. The two big eggs are the ones I'm really pulling for. We'll see.
My last 2 eggs ar day 31 and I am not holding my breath.No wiggle but no smell. They are leaning so that is promising. I need help. I now have a weak chick laying on its head. Do you think it is wry neck. This is the one who still isn't eating as well as I would like. I am hand feeding it collards. It was ok this morning. It may also have been to hott. It has rooster booster and is drinking when splash. Do they get wry neck?

Back
Top Bottom