2019 Emu Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Final hatch update! I give you feeding time:

Since there were seven chicks we named them after the seven days of the week, with Monday (regular colored) being the oldest and Domingo being the youngest, who was the 2nd white chick to hatch!

Out of the 8 eggs Denali was sitting on, 7 were viable and hatched perfectly! We drilled a tiny hole in Domingo's egg just in case, but he popped out by the end of the day. We also solved the mystery of why there are so many blondes and whites. After asking an emu breeder, he said it's not possible for a regular emu to produce whites. It's likely Denali paired with the white hen Aly, resulting in 1 regular, 4 blondes, and 2 whites! This definitely wasn't the ratio we were expecting.

Final hatch update! I give you feeding time:

Since there were seven chicks we named them after the seven days of the week, with Monday (regular colored) being the oldest and Domingo being the youngest, who was the 2nd white chick to hatch!

Out of the 8 eggs Denali was sitting on, 7 were viable and hatched perfectly! We drilled a tiny hole in Domingo's egg just in case, but he popped out by the end of the day. We also solved the mystery of why there are so many blondes and whites. After asking an emu breeder, he said it's not possible for a regular emu to produce whites. It's likely Denali paired with the white hen Aly, resulting in 1 regular, 4 blondes, and 2 whites! This definitely wasn't the ratio we were expecting.

Fun video to see, thanks for sharing it @Kalifornsky :D

Currently on Day 25 (though I keep looking back to triple check dates since it feels like they should be hatching already!) and 4 still going well I believe. Close to the point where I might start seeing wobbling and detecting possible heat difference so we shall see what the next couple of weeks bring, I'm nervous while annoyingly optimistic about it all!

Currently on Day 25 (though I keep looking back to triple check dates since it feels like they should be hatching already!) and 4 still going well I believe. Close to the point where I might start seeing wobbling and detecting possible heat difference so we shall see what the next couple of weeks bring, I'm nervous while annoyingly optimistic about it all!

Keeping fingers crossed for you! :fl

Well it’s been a while since I have done and update on my eggs. I had a family member pass away and another diagnosed with cancer. We are on around day 35 and I got a wiggle out of one of our 5 eggs. Two have no tilt but they don’t smell so will leave them for now.

So sorry to hear of the loss and illness @FishMtFarm :hugs

Best of luck with the hatch!

Back
Top Bottom