2019 Spring Ducklings are here!

Magnolia Ducks,Hmmm, if your coming to the Houston suburbs, any chance of getting some fertile eggs? I would love me some Anconas.

If the trip works out, I would be happy to provide you some Ancona eggs. I remember that you have visited Texag87 in the past, so maybe all three of us can get together. I have read on BYC that the post office is not gentle on handling eggs. My timing is governed by when my son & his family move to Houston where he will work for Anheuser-Busch.

Update on the Ancona babies. I incubated the 7 egg capacity of the Brinsea. Considering how active the babies are, my next batch will be limited to 4 to give them room to crawl around. 4 hatched successfully, 1 piped and died, the last 2 did not pip at all. I gave the three eggs about 60 hours before pulling the plug. One will have to feather out to be sure which sex it is, it doesn't look like the two black drakes and yet it doesn't look like the brown hen either. Oh well I have 4 beautiful babies that started out at less than two ounces except tubby who weighed 2.15 oz. They empty their food dish, spill their water and poop all over like any other baby.

Back
Top Bottom