2020 Fall Ducklings 🦆💖

Pics
Smoked eggs is a thought. I am firing up the grill tomorrow anyway and the ladies are doing deviled eggs. As far as balut, Gagh sounds like it would be easier to swallow.
Yes it does! - I Like my gagh fresh, it must still wiggle when it slides down my throat… :sick

Hey this is a duckling thread!!! :gig

Just drive to an Asian Market and speak to the owner. Ask if they are interested in selling your duck's eggs and negotiate a price. - Just looked at Google Maps, you're actually somewhat far away from all the Asian stores, i remember the Thang Hung Market on Gears Road was selling Duck Eggs as well as balut when we lived in that area. They were selling ½ dozen eggs for $8. (!!!) I had asked there, because my wife wanted duck eggs…
This must have been in Houston. I remember seeing a market by that name when I was visiting my dad. It made me crack up laughing and I just had to take a picture to show my family. (Yes, my immaturity shows at times. It’s there even in my old age! :gig)

Well, if you look into the German Wikipedia entry about balut, you will find two pictures, the second one shows "Enten Balut" (Duck Balut) with an almost fully developed duckling, bill, eyes and feathers visible topped off with some grains of salt… - I assume that picture is too graphic for the English Wikipedia. The text says:
»Schnabel und Federn der Entenküken sind deutlich zu erkennen.[2] Geschmacklich ist das ungewürzte bräunlichschwarze Fleisch eine Kombination aus salzig und scharf, die Schnabel- und Federnbestandteile etwas bissfester.«
Which translates to English as:
»The ducklings' bills and feathers are clearly visible. [2] In terms of taste, the unseasoned brownish-black meat is a combination of salty and spicy, the beak and feathers are a bit more firm to the bite.«
Ugh! I thing i will eat my breakfast samich later! Hard boiled duck-egg, ham and cheese…
It is amazing at what some people will eat!

This must have been in Houston. I remember seeing a market by that name when I was visiting my dad. It made me crack up laughing and I just had to take a picture to show my family. (Yes, my immaturity shows at times. It’s there even in my old age! :gig)
Yes, that was in Houston! - I lived for 10 Years in the greater Greenspoint area, just north of the beltway.
And i refuse to grow up too! ;)

Back
Top Bottom