Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

Pics
Third Entry
Pixie
Pixie is one of my "OC's"
(Original chickens) lol.
She is a red Pyle OEGB hen, around two years old. She was a Craigslist impulse buy 🤷🏻‍♀️
She is fiesty and likes to think of herself as one of the big girls. She sleeps, eats and acts like one. Holding second in command amongst all of my laying hens, right under my oldest girl, Charlotte. Who is a RIR. She often enjoys flying up on my porch roof and into the smaller trees around our yard. Possibly half laying hen, half sparrow? She's not sure lol. Regardless, she is so fun to watch. And will OCCASIONALLY slow down enough to enjoy some shoulder time while I'm feeding. 😊

Attachments

• IMG_2022-10-02-18-28-40-814.jpg
    IMG_2022-10-02-18-28-40-814.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 4
1674970070491.png

This is Peanut.
I got her in 2019, and she was the smallest but oldest one in the flock.
She's a Millefleur d'Uccle that was hatched by a farming museum.
She died this May, and I miss her a lot.
She's a hilarious girl. She thought she was in charge of the flock, and the top hen couldn't make her think otherwise. She had a very loud voice and liked to dance and cuddle. She would snuggle with the smaller chicks who were having a hard time getting up the ramp at night. Once she flew across the yard to land on my arm, it was wonderful. She layed teeny tiny pink eggs and occasionally would lay a wind egg, which was teeny and almost empty. She made us giggle a lot. A very dramatic player in the constant channel of Chicken TV that goes on at our house.

View attachment 3389576
This is Peanut.
I got her in 2019, and she was the smallest but oldest one in the flock.
She's a Millefleur d'Uccle that was hatched by a farming museum.
She died this May, and I miss her a lot.
She's a hilarious girl. She thought she was in charge of the flock, and the top hen couldn't make her think otherwise. She had a very loud voice and liked to dance and cuddle. She would snuggle with the smaller chicks who were having a hard time getting up the ramp at night. Once she flew across the yard to land on my arm, it was wonderful. She layed teeny tiny pink eggs and occasionally would lay a wind egg, which was teeny and almost empty. She made us giggle a lot. A very dramatic player in the constant channel of Chicken TV that goes on at our house.
She was a beautiful bird! :hugs

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

Do you have a favorite chicken? Maybe she's extra friendly and comes running when she sees you, or she's the biggest character in the flock. Maybe she was a rescue chicken, or you hatched her yourself! Tell us about your favorite chicken!

There will be 3 prizes!
1-month PFM, or a BYC 2023 Calendar, or a size medium "Chillin With My Peeps" Unisex Tee, in black or blue.
BYC Store Gift Certificates, t-shirts, & calendars are available to winners in the United States. If the winners are outside the United States, they will be awarded the PFM instead.

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to four pictures of your favorite chicken or chickens, and you will be entered for a chance to win!

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.

Rules:
  • An entry is one picture of your favorite bird. Please add a short description with your image in your posts. Examples...These are just examples of how to create your post, you don´t have to talk about all of them, and you can add other things you want, these are just a few guidelines in case you don’t know how to make your post.
    • Where did you get your chicken?
    • How old is your Chicken?
    • What is your chicken's name?
    • What breed is your Chicken?
  • A member can have up four entries (only one entry per post please). Each entry can be about the same chicken or four different chickens, but please include a different picture with each entry.
  • The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  • You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  • One picture per post, please.
  • ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  • Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  • All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  • Entries will be accepted until February 19th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

Entry #2
I have not named this handsome boy yet, as he was just rescued this afternoon. I was told he is a 5 month old Blue Leghorn (?), but whatever he is , I think he looks fabulous. I hope he will be a good fit with my girls 🙏
E9B4A563-675C-415A-8DE6-DA8CB0B21FE6.jpeg

Entry 3:
20230129_132909.jpg
This is Dot. Now you may be wondering why she was named Dot, well, its because out of her 4 of her buff brahma litter mates including her, she was the only one with any kind of dot on her head, so it kinda just stuck and thats her name. If you saw my other entry with the unnamed cream legbar, this here is her flock littermate as well. Dot has never been sick so unlike the other entry's, nothing traumatic has happened to her and hopefully won't. But Dot is listed here because she has always been up for snuggles and always had something to say, oh how I love listening to her chats. There is only 3 of her left, and she comes in second in being the biggest brahma out of her sisters, but if you think about it, its kinda like she's the middle child. She acts like one, maybe she is? She came from tsc as well and is 5 months old.

Entry 3:
View attachment 3389900This is Dot. Now you may be wondering why she was named Dot, well, its because out of her 4 of her buff brahma litter mates including her, she was the only one with any kind of dot on her head, so it kinda just stuck and thats her name. If you saw my other entry with the unnamed cream legbar, this here is her flock littermate as well. Dot has never been sick so unlike the other entry's, nothing traumatic has happened to her and hopefully won't. But Dot is listed here because she has always been up for snuggles and always had something to say, oh how I love listening to her chats. There is only 3 of her left, and she comes in second in being the biggest brahma out of her sisters, but if you think about it, its kinda like she's the middle child. She acts like one, maybe she is? She came from tsc as well and is 5 months old.
Pretty! :love

Here's Cocoanut.
1675175870156.png

I got her from a feedstore on March, Friday the thirteenth, 2020. That was the day that everything shut down for COVID. She's now around 3 years old, you can do the math. She's a Barred bantam cochin, and I'm pretty sure she secretly knows karate. She's survived several racoon attacks before we beefed up coop security. She's the girl rooster of the flock and very huggable.

Back
Top Bottom